Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lunch break in Rotterdam EHRD

All of the hotel prices in Europe are insane at the moment

Not my observation. „Insane“ and „noticeably higher than last year“ are two different things. And look at France, prices are very reasonable.

Anyway, I have checked Rotterdam for next weekend just out of curiosity and prices are back to normal, so I guess there was something going on. I have just noticed over the last few years that Dutch hotel prices seem very high many times a year. Makes me even less inclined to spend a night there. But generally, I like overnight trips. Not having to watch the time and being able to have drinks in the evening with people you like in a place away from home is very rewarding and compared with of flying costs, hotel costs are still secondary.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

All of the hotel prices in Europe are insane at the moment. I elected for a daytrip(s) instead due to this.

boscomantico wrote:

I happened to have checked the hotel prices for this past weekend in Rotterdam, but they were entirely insane. Anyone know if there was any particular reason or is that just the standard?
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I happened to have checked the hotel prices for this past weekend in Rotterdam, but they were entirely insane. Anyone know if there was any particular reason or is that just the standard?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’d agree with you entirely.

A very quick trip this one, a few hours but probably my favourite one now for a quick trip vs LFAT. (Sorry @Peter)
Bus service just outside for decent transit to/from centraal. (4EUR for 2hrs) and 10-15 minutes walk down the canal and you have plenty of restaurants.

https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=1213

We ended up at De Beren, which wasn’t bad. Probably other nice places but this is what we had.

https://www.beren.nl/

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 14 Nov 12:26
EGSG, United Kingdom

My plane is based in Rotterdam, but I am in Utrecht, which I must say is the most beautiful city in NL…

EHRD, Netherlands

Are you based in a town or near the airport? Will probably venture in for lunch. Due in at 10 am.

EGSG, United Kingdom

I could be up for it. I’m based at EHRD and share the same name, so seems like destiny or something…

EHRD, Netherlands

Will likely visit on Saturday. Just awaiting Friends to send passport details.

Anyone fancy meeting for lunch? Weather looks good.

EGSG, United Kingdom
EGSG, United Kingdom

Very good visit yesterday. Will try get the report out well before the VLOG, but let’s see.

70 EUR all in for the airport.

EGSG, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message