Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Porto LPPR and Vilar de Luz LPVL

Some pics… in no particular order

Lots of renovation work going on everywhere….

Cafe scene

Yum – octopus and baked potatoes!

Pastry shop

The beautiful main train station

Main station again

Tinned sardines, octopus, cod…

Bordeaux

6 Bridges Cruise – great!

Rose, sardines, spicy cheese, figs… Life is hard! :)

Breakfast – with one of those yummy Portuguese pastries

Closer to the sea, the ‘fog’ descends as you see in this picture…

….to gradually lift as Porto centre approaches…

Bordeaux

Good pics.

These “Spanish” countries like their paintings. There is a similar one at some Spanish airport I went to years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Good pics.
These “Spanish” countries like their paintings. There is a similar one at some Spanish airport I went to years ago

They did try twice, last time we got rid of them was 1640

Sorry not be more helpful but never used LPVL or any close by runway.

LPSR, Portugal

lmsl1967 wrote:

I heard that there was saying in Portugal, something like “Bad winds and bad marriages come from the east”

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Emir

26-Jul-18 12:23

lmsl1967 wrote:
I heard that there was saying in Portugal, something like “Bad winds and bad marriages come from the east”

Almost right, once you replace east by Espanha you get it right. Honestly I am not aware of the origin of the saying, at the end we have a nice relation with our neighbors.

At Oporto, one as to go for the most famous dish called francesinha, full of cholesterol and fat, but it really tastes good.

About Uber, there is a huge rivalry between taxi drivers and uber that sometimes ends in violence. Mostly it occurs close to main taxi collection points like big transport terminals.

LPSR, Portugal

Really great! Yet again…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Looks nice.

I might pop down there later this year, when it is a bit cooler. I can do EGKA-LPPR (or nearby; LPPR has no avgas, and presumably any nearby place has no immigration ) direct. I normally do some trips to Spain in October/November.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LPPR definitely has AVGAS. It will cost you €3.26/litre from Nortavia – contact in advance as per details above. I would certainly recommend a visit to Porto.

Bordeaux

Sorry, I meant LPVL (Vilar de Luz/Maia)

Bordeaux
Sign in to add your message