Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying contacts in Eastern Europe and beyond

General tips can be posted, however. That way many more people benefit. Most aviation bodies have a website, too.

“Flying in Eastern Europe and beyond” is not like going to Mt Everest for under $10k, using special contacts Lots and lots of people do it.

I think flying to these places is no different to flying anywhere else in the world. It needs a lot more prior research as to airport facilities and costs, and for that one needs to work out some candidate routes and stops. So the original Q needs to be narrowed down. The “European” countries should be dead easy: just look up the AIP and phone them re costs etc. The rest will need more work.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you plan to stop by Belgrade/LYBE let me know

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia

Alex I understand but instead of posting “PM me” on the public forum why cant the individual just PM the person directly? Thereby leaving the mystery out of the message board?

KHTO, LHTL

I can give you some pointers regarding Thailand. See this link for a good overview of where to start. Nok Flying Club Inter Tips

I am just about to launch my Jetprop on Monday – Inshallah – to fly to Europe/UK for the summer so I will probably not be around physically to help on the ground when you arrive, but I do have various contacts if you let me have your dates and routing through Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

You never know, our paths may cross as we head in opposite directions.

Have a safe onward journey.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Fly310 wrote:

AOPA in each country is usually a good way to start.

+1 for Bulgaria. The AOPA guys there were invaluable for our group trip last summer. They also have connections to various government authorities including AIS/ATC.

That said, if flying alone (i.e. one aircraft), then standard planning using AIP information is likely all you really need. Just be careful that AIS still tends to overlook that some of the regs only apply to commercial traffic and may ask for unnecessary information. You can either follow all the steps/roadblocks they try to put in your way by providing the info or push back saying not applicable to non-CAT.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks to those who have posted further info, it has been very helpful!

Kent, UK

Re Romania, be sure to keep an eye on avgas availability. In 2018 the main avgas supplier became insolvent and relatively few places could deliver it.

LSZK, Switzerland

I have an amazing contact in Romania who is looking after everything for me, courtesy of this board! I think of all my stops, that’s the one I feel best about :) I have 10 hour endurance, without using the ferry tank, so can tanker fuel if needed, thanks for the heads up!

Kent, UK
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message