Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Alternative to Lucca LIQL with Avgas?

Let me check again the current situation. This ast least used to be in the AIP, but to be honest, I haven‘t checked for some time.

But let‘s face it: it‘s a complicated airspace, unfamiliar to most of us. So, making it a bit
of a team effort probably makes some sense.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Do you remember where that requirement used to be in the Italian AIP? I have skimmed through most ENR sections but not found this yet …

I’d not do longer flights without ATC contact in Italy, but still good to know about such peculiarities …

LFHN, LSGP, LFHM

It was in the ENR part, but don‘t remember where. I have now checked too, and I can‘t find. The Milano thing was also temporarily NOTAMed.

But lots of things have changed since SERA and since all those CTAs have popped up. Really need to update that section of the website. For example, Brindisi and Padova TMAs don‘t exist any longer. Also, they have now implemented FMCs…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

My experience this year crossing northern Italy (Bolzen-Trento-Portoroz) several times in both directions is that one can get/stay quite high through negotiating with FIS/ATC. I planned (FPL) once Trento-VIC-dct Vicky(Portoroz LJPZ entry). Padova Info asked at Bolzen my desired route/alt (10‘000 as long as possible), then came back a few min later saying unable due tfc around VIC … und max alt would be 3‘000…. but proposed further east as likely ok. I suggested a couple IFR wpts SE of Trento more direct anyway and they said that would be fine, but with 5‘000 limit after xxx due active mil zone. I was able to continue at 5‘000 nearly dct with a couple very slight deviations vit VFR wpts until needing to descend for landing. Both Aviano and Ronchi were very friendly and helpful. Same on the return … got clearance up to 7‘000 almost immediately and before reaching up to 10‘000. All on a VFR FPL. With ATC clearances for routing and altitude, I really didn‘t need to worry about airspace at all.

LSZK, Switzerland

AfricanEagle wrote:

May I suggest Pavullo ( LIDP) as a stopover between Torino and Lucca?

https://aeroclubpavullo.it/

I passed by this airport today on my way across the Apennines, and was struck by its beautiful location. Seemed to be some planes on the ramp and new ‘aeroporto’ signs to get your there on the roads. Perfect paved runway, and certainly no signs of decay. What a great place this would be to fly

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message