Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

Beautiful pictures and quite a logistical challenge indeed. Come to think of it, would this sortie not be the first time since WW2 when the Allied Air Forces ventured deep into Europe? Could be..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Nice trip & perfect weather, usually one expect an arrival midday or afternoons to be full of clouds and thermals but it seems that the weather played the ball near those peaks, pity going that far without ski on those glaciers

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Mar 13:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I may be one of very few people crazy enough to do this, yes

Yes, lots of nice ski slopes, totally wasted…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

aart wrote:

Beautiful pictures and quite a logistical challenge indeed. Come to think of it, would this sortie not be the first time since WW2 when the Allied Air Forces ventured deep into Europe? Could be..

These flights continue daily, much more to the east than it used to :

LFOU, France

OK, but not from the UK, although on second thoughts, from the UK there will be machines doing similar things, like the Nimrod. But that’s all for the “good” cause, spying on the Russkies

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I may be one of very few people crazy enough to do this, yes

We thought about such a trip, but even though the Alps are closer for us, we didn’t do it. And we probably rank high on the EuroGA craziness scale

Cool flight!!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Here is the video. 4.5GB if you want to use the Download button to get the original 20-40mbps version
Identifying the mountains was not easy. I spent time on the GPS track and the timing.
Enjoy

Administrator

Wonderful video Peter! Saw it ready for primetime tonight ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

I need an HD TV to watch it

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks

You should not need an HD TV, but if you want best quality, try downloading the 4.5GB original file from Vimeo. It is 30mbps or so.

The Youtube version is not as good as Vimeo

Administrator
Sign in to add your message