Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

DeeCee57 wrote:

My view of the Matterhorn yesterday returning from a local flight around Corsica, South side:

I like your definition of a local flight

LFMD, France

It is kind of a PPR. The answer will depend on the guy reading the email.
Didn’t they loose your FPL once or twice ?

LFOU, France

local copy

Isn’t this what @Guillaume posted a while ago?

Why the hell restrict circular flights?

Anyway, one would file for FL140 and then ask for higher if needed for wx, and these two flights to the Alps had only the VFR section above FL145.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter has his own AIC

LFOU, France

I heard EC has now constraints on circular IFR flights, anyone knows what kind of restrictions are coded

France just introduced AIC on circular IFR flights above FL145 with “2 days email for PNR”

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/documents/download/f/d/8159908/

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Feb 19:10
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Fabulous trip, write up and record of the event. Look forward to the video..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I have finally found the time to write up these 3 trips

• Shoreham to Shoreham nonstop, via Jungfrau, Mönch and Eiger
  • Shoreham to Shoreham nonstop, via Mt Blanc
  • Shoreham to Croatia, via Weisshorn, Matterhorn, Monte Rosa

Pictures and HD videos. Enjoy

https://peter2000.co.uk/aviation/alps2/index.html

Administrator

Still no explanation for the Swiss mil activity site being basically bogus on the day. Maybe I did something wrong but – while obviously one must not argue with ATC – I told them very politely about the site, they “contacted the military” and came back with no explanation and same as before.

The restricted areas shown on the DABS are not only air force – e.g 2103 you highlighted is a tank firing range (still a good idea to avoid it all the same during firing practice).

The DABS is also updated during the day depending on if and when the airspace is needed. If the airspace is needed the C floor drops to 130.

T28
Switzerland

That statue is just some random communist-era statue; it’s not a selfie, BTW

A beautiful routing, past all the North Italian lakes…

I have a few pics of the lakes, from the video. These were de-hazed a bit in photoshop, but not well. It was pretty hazy on the south side of the Alps

This is the bay of Venice of course:

A few random pics, while I am working on the camera stills in Lightroom.

Finsteraarhorn

Not sure

Matterhorn summit

Monta Rosa. This wasn’t on the plan but just popped up when I was done with the Matterhorn and turned direct to DESIP.

Still no explanation for the Swiss mil activity site being basically bogus on the day. Maybe I did something wrong but – while obviously one must not argue with ATC – I told them very politely about the site, they “contacted the military” and came back with no explanation and same as before. I have the sound track of course.

Administrator

FL160 is too high for these mountains

Definitely

My view of the Matterhorn yesterday returning from a local flight around Corsica, South side:

ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
241 Posts
Sign in to add your message