Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Short local flight in a DA40NG

boscomantico wrote:

I guess you only pay flight time? Don‘t know if I would be happy as the owner if the engine ran 49 minutes and I can only invoice 15…

Probably happier than someone who doesn’t care, doesn’t read the AFM, shoves the throttle forward and abuses a cold engine ;)

Of course you are right and 15 mins is too short but it is certainly the exception and not the norm so no big deal. It just played out that way this one time. My plan was to fly one hour+, but the owner informed me that someone else will fly immediately afterwards (my fault for not reserving more time), so I had to keep it short. I’ll make up for it by flying two more times in December.

boscomantico wrote:

If I were the renter here, I wouldn‘t run it 28 minutes before taking off (I know it can take some minutes to warm up in winter)….

Plan was to warm up gently (as discussed with the owner the night prior) before increasing power for taxi (and to warm up the gearbox oil). Due to runway change and ifr traffic I had to wait a bit at the holding point. Without the hold I’d have been airborne after 18 minutes.

Another reason was that I used the warm up time to do a complete setup of the G1000, adjusted all settings/functions, which takes 5 minutes (depending on how weirdly set it was left by the last renter). As a fact Avionics have become more complex and I consider „button currency“ important for safety reasons. As an owner I would provide ground power if I wanted to keep engine run time short, or charge hobbs time and swallow the consequences.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ibra wrote:

aircraft is pulled out of the hangar, already fuelled and sits on the apron ready to fly before I arrive

As you can see in my gif, the plane is out of the hangar, always, because it doesn’t have one
;)
It uses a full body condom instead (insert reference to „Naked Cannon“ movie here).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ibra wrote:

I rent a DA40NG

How much is it? The one I rent is 4,2/min. Euros.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

How much is it? The one I rent is 4,2/min. Euros.

4,3/min Pounds (airborne time )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message