Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southampton EGHI going for GA traffic! (and maybe others?)

Sure, but the airport income from GA would at least double if they didn’t use a handler.

Payments are easy; you can have a website for that. A handler for light GA is a total waste of space.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Just read somewhere that EGHI is selling a 30 min slot for approach practice, for £30.

I have done it a couple of times in August and September. It is £30 for a 30 minute slot, which is 2 approaches basically, as you probably won’t have time for more than that if you fly the full procedure.

EGLK, United Kingdom

I’ve always found Newquay friendly, easy and good value for money.

But as you say, appointing a based flying school to ‘handle’ light GA is not strictly necessary. A certain type of airport management has never really got their heads around the idea that a website and a coded access gate is all that’s really necessary.

EGLM & EGTN

Back to the theme of the original post I did a renewal a few days ago and was actually able to do the approaches into Bristol. They have previously shunned training flights but I guess they aren’t so busy at the moment.

The deal at Gloucester is better, but the last twice I have been there they were on the wrong runway for the approaches we needed to do, so we ended up meeting the examiner there and going elsewhere fo the approaches.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message