Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2021 - CANCELLED

Emir wrote:

Sounds more reasonable, I guess we’ll have majority of EU vaccinated and we’ll see how this affects numbers of infected. However, I guess distancing (and other) measures will still be in place.

That’s a bit optimistic, isn’t it? My in laws, both 80+, living in Northern Germany, have been told that they won’t receive their first jab until end of April at the earliest. When I hear that, I’m not expecting mine – late 50s – until September or October…. and this is Germany we are talking about, things look even worse in other EU countries…..

EDL*, Germany

Yes I think when Aero was moved to July they didn’t know, or realise, that the EU procurement process delayed the vaccine delivery by about 3 months.

At this rate they will get mostly UK visitors over the age of 50, and visitors of all ages who are not worried / don’t believe the virus exists / think it is a Rockefeller / Gill Gates plot to take over the world

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

and this is Germany we are talking about, things look even worse in other EU countries…..

Not in the U.K. . . .
We seem to be on track for the bulk of the population being vaccinated by then.
Perhaps one of the few things we will have got right. 👍😄
Our problem might be: Will Germany let us IN?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Yes indeed this is a big worry for flying into the mainland, generally. I am sure the 72hr test certificates will be needed. It’s a whole other topic… counterfeit ones will be a huge problem, and an online database is being set up, so you will just have a QR code on your phone.

BTW, many phone emoticons crash the forum text processing and make the post disappear. Emoticons are not cross-platform.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Will Germany let us IN?

Why should they? All of us (over 65 year old) coffin-dodgers have been injected here with the “useless” Oxford vaccine.

How is it that our stupid British scientists, doctors and politicians have ignored warnings by EU leaders that the Oxford jab is “quasi-ineffective”?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Steve6443 wrote:

That’s a bit optimistic, isn’t it?

Yes, I was more optimistic before AZ delay :-(

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jacko wrote:

“useless” Oxford vaccine
The latest is the second dose should be given 3m after the first (81% is not completely uselss), rather than 6w as initially planned.
ESMK, Sweden

Hey,

It’s been probably 10 years since I visited Friedrichshafen last time, back then we landed VFR at EDNY. Reading this thread and really longing for some travel again, I am looking at visiting this year but guess many things have changed during those 10 years.

What are the current recommendation in terms of airfield, is it still fully doable to land at EDNY, practically and cost wise? Do most visitors land at any of the other recommended airports and hire a car?

Any advice are much appreciated, thanks all!

martin-esmi wrote:

What are the current recommendation in terms of airfield, is it still fully doable to land at EDNY, practically and cost wise? Do most visitors land at any of the other recommended airports and hire a car?

It is very doable. I’ve flown in to EDNY myself in 2015, 2017 and 2019. You need to have a slot, though.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

It is very doable. I’ve flown in to EDNY myself in 2015, 2017 and 2019. You need to have a slot, though.

Good to hear! Yes, I remember that a SLOT was required already back then.. have a vague memory of using a Fax to send in my request ;)

Sign in to add your message