Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sweden winter trip

gallois wrote:

One is to fly a twin

You mean slow & heavy (just a jalouse SEP pilot who could not resist )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks Mateusz – an amazing trip and comprehensive write up. Also a good advert for the amount of stuff you can fit in a Bonanza The Saab was a bonus.

Sometimes holding the controls helps with motion sickness – either the feeling of being in control, or being distracted, or just holding something.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thanks a lot for this long report and exotic pictures (for us).
2 legs + 500km drive one way to ski, wow !
What can I say : marry her, she’s the one

LFOU, France

Thanks for the trip report ! I’ve recently started ‘randonée skiing’ or ‘topptur ski’ in Norwegian. So far we have been in the fjord region, close to Andalsnes, in the Lofoten in in Trondheim area.
When the travel restrictions will be lifted, you want you could try the fjord region, there the season last until beginning of July, and you get views on mountains and fjords which are really nice! One possible airfield in this area is Vinnu, but short, 600m in grass. Otherwise you have Molde or Ålesund.

ENVA, Norway

Mateusz wrote:

but given the cost of Avgas to get to Sweden and return home,

A very nice report, which also shows a little insight into the private. Could you give a few numbers about the Avgas-prices at your home and in Sweden?

Berlin, Germany

Thanks a lot for the warm feedback :)

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

I’ve recently started ‘randonée skiing’ or ‘topptur ski’ in Norwegian. So far we have been in the fjord region, close to Andalsnes

I’ve been around! A very scenic area, well suited for alpine touring skis. Lots of steep slopes. And I think Måssvassbu must be my favourite mountain cabin! This is from Jan 1, 2009:

Jujupilote wrote:

What can I say : marry her, she’s the one

Hahah! I’ve been looking for quite long and had my failures … Long story short, I think you are 100% right!

highflyer wrote:

Could you give a few numbers about the Avgas-prices at your home and in Sweden?

I am paying 9,87 PLN at Katowice EPKM and Västervik ESSW charges 23,00 SEK. Optand ESNM 24,50 SEK. All possible taxes included. In some places you can get AVGAS at 9 PLN in Poland… which I think is, anyway, very expensive. I remember in Belgrade Avgas was cheaper than car petrol in Katowice at the time…

Last Edited by Mateusz at 20 Apr 12:59
EPKM, Poland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message