Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

From RENNES (LFRN) to MILOS (LGML) and back - June 2021

Thank you LimaVictor, an epic writeup

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Italy: charged for some non-existing waste removal, tried to resolve it immediately but without success; when I returned home wrote to airport management and got refund.

France: similar but charged for non-required and non-delivered handling.

Greece: complained about handling which assumed only fast refueling but instead I was left for 2 hours at 35 degrees at apron.

Spain: charged for non-required and non-delivered handling based on some ridiculous handlers’ excuses (once it was departing earlier which allegedly caused trouble in their schedule although I announced it two days before and the other was simple lie that they called fuel for me although I did that myself because guy at the apron explicitly refused to make a call).

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Jun 18:00
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

I complained few times in the past (after departing) and got refund (Italy and France). However, I didn’t succeed in Greece few years ago (got an apology) and last two times in Spain.

@Emir, would it be acceptable to provide more details here?
Thanks!

EGTR

I complained few times in the past (after departing) and got refund (Italy and France). However, I didn’t succeed in Greece few years ago (got an apology) and last two times in Spain.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This is difficult – see here and here and here and here.

No more was heard after that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Emir wrote: Regarding that, we should start complaining and refusing to pay handler fees if they don’t deliver what has been agreed.

We should yes…. but they have those handy trucks they can park in front of your plane if you don’t caugh up.

Have they got an SLA?
1. What are they supposed to provide (which services), 2. when and 3. how long is it supposed take?
If the SLA is 1. Nothing 2. Within a week of your arrival and 3. around two days… Well, not much we can do.
Has anyone tried to contact IATA? They are supposed to regulate those services…

EGTR

Emir wrote:

Regarding that, we should start complaining and refusing to pay handler fees if they don’t deliver what has been agreed.

We should yes…. but they have those handy trucks they can park in front of your plane if you don’t caugh up.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

LimaVictor wrote:

In fact I like it, for me the challenge of planing and arranging everything is very interesting.

Unexpected event or two is ok but more than that can be too much especially if you’re accompanied with non-flying persons. When I fly with my wife only that’s easy – she’s accustomed to all possible events related to GA and she knows if we’re heading somewhere that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll arrive there on time or we’ll arrive there at all. However, if other people are with us it’s not so easy to explain why handler didn’t ensure quick refuelling although he’s notified on time and paid for that. Regarding that, we should start complaining and refusing to pay handler fees if they don’t deliver what has been agreed.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Nice adventure, you collected all possible non-wanted events that can happen on GA trip

In fact I like it, for me the challenge of planing and arranging everything is very interesting.
Few years ago, we can’t land at Brac because of a plane bloqued on the runway. We had to go to Split for refuel and then leave to Bari, but there was some TS on the route so we finished in Corsica

Peter wrote:

Did you consider, after Kithira, going to Sitia LGST (port of entry and avgas) and then getting a ferry to Santorini?

No, our first aim is to travel with our planes. The next time we will go Greece, I think we’ll plan to do it in may as it seems that Santorini accepts parking before June 1st.

Nice adventure, you collected all possible non-wanted events that can happen on GA trip: no fuel at the airport, long waiting for the fuel at hot apron, super-expensive fuel, air controllers on strike, changing plans to be able to continue the trip, rushing to comply with airport working hours, handlers delivering zero service for ridiculously high prices… Luckily the weather was good so you missed the major challenge

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message