Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interpreting aerodrome fee table (little quiz)

Last year in Corsica we had to PPR to get fuel stop at Figari, you also have to pay full fee for one day parking, at the end we had to stop in Cannes on the way back to pick JetA

Propriano is nearby and hassle free, while it’s VFR only if one can’t land there due to IMC weather they better fly elsewhere…

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Aug 13:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

One could argue that by the moment you have taken (even if just for a few minutes) one of the precious parking spots on the tarmac, it has been made unavailable for other users for that “day”. But it’s far fetched of course

I had this at Oxford. ‘Parking’ = “the time between the first landing and last takeoff irrespective of time actually spent parked”. So collecting passengers in the morning and depositing them in the afternoon = 7 hours parking, not 2x 30 minutes.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thank you for your answers. :)

Here’s the resolution:

1. EUR 20
  2. EUR 20
  3. EUR 20

UdoR was very close.

For me the surprising experience was case 1, a short technical refueling stop, when not even using the parking area at all. The explanation I got from the airport manager was that as soon as you leave the runway after landing, the parking fee is due, even if the purpose is to refuel or to pay the landing fee (!). Staying a few hours or overnight doesn’t change anything.

The airfield is Propriano LFKO.

LFHN, LSGP, LFHM

I must tell you I have never paid parking at Propriano, just landing and fuel and that is for a DA42. Also some pilots I know go there regularly and never pay parking. Is this a recent thing? I haven’t been since 2019.
Perhaps they are trying to recoup some money after the bull incident which closed the airfield, whilst they put up a fence. I think that was Propriano, but I’m sure someone will put me right if it wasn’t.

Last Edited by gallois at 04 Aug 06:58
France
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message