Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel and lunch between Berlin and Perpignan?

Actually a new EU law means you no longer require customs

Is it this one ? Some people are still worried about that one.

BUT you still need immigration

Not from Norway, which is schengen but non-eu.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wegfall_Zollflugplatz_DE_pdf

The uploaded pdf is the update by German customs on the “new” regulation (German only). However, there seems to be a sort of grey zone as some airfields “insist” on customs declaration currently (i.e. Donaueschingen), saying as they have customs on the airfield they need to run the customs procedure irrespective of the updated regulation……… (maybe that will change soon).

But well, as Sebastian wrote above, the net message is, as long you don’t have anything to declare, coming from Norway or Switzerland, you don’t need German customs anymore….

+1 for Colmar as fuel stop…

Last Edited by Marcel at 28 Mar 18:56
LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Thanks for all good tips. EDDS and LFGA might be good alternatives for me enroute between Berlin and Perpignan. I will research further.

I see the letter above is dated 3 march, and I don’t understand much German, so I’ll have to dig into the customs regulations further to see if the changes you mention already apply to us coming from Norway. Norwegian customs might have an opinion as well.

Norway is non-EU, but Schengen. We have had a Scandinavian customs union for a long time, meaning that there has been in place simplified customs rules between Norway, Denmark and Sweden. So usually we would just make a stop there, and then continuing further into the rest of the EU was no issue. But going directly was. But if this is now changed this year nothing would make me happier. :)

ENKJ, ENGM, Norway
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message