Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip Lille (LFQQ) to Rzeszow (EPRZ) to deliver medicines

Last Thursday we took off at 04:00L with three flying friends in a Piper Turbo Arrow III with 100 kg of medicines on board from Lille, France (LFQQ). The medicines worth over 7000 eur were divided into 18 boxes. One of the friends is a pharmacist and had collected them from a lot of colleague-pharmacists around Lille, France. I was security pilot and took charge of the radio. I conducted one flight.

I had arranged for a contact in Ukraine via Germany and Poland via this EuroGA forum (https://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/13741-medical-supplies-flight-to-rzeszow-poland-eprz-or-other-airport-need-local-help/post/312186#312186). A German organisation https://www.ukraine-air-rescue.de/ helped me. Also in particularly the Telegram group on this topic oginating from this forum was very helpful. Our destination: the airport Rzeszow (EPRZ) in eastern Poland near the border. The destination of the medicines: a specific hospital in central Ukraine.

First flight was done in VFR night. Our nav avoided the Brussels areas as there was a NOTAM blocking the airpsace 30 NM around Brussels because of the NATO top (and the presence of Mr. Biden in Brussels). We made a fuel stop in Erfurt (EDDE).

Next flight was IFR to Rzeszow where we arrived at 11:00L. The IFR filing proved difficult as Polish ATC insisted that I defined an Warshaw FIR entry point in the flightplan as per AIP – I had to refile to include the waypoint LAGAR. Also I had to cheat Eurocontrol in planning that I would fly higher than FL100 but in reality I stayed at FL100 for lack of additional oxygen. I also added “Humanitarian flight” into the RMK/ field.

EDDE N0144F120 NEVKO1C NEVKO DCT GOLAT DCT AGD/N0144F110 DCT BESIP/N0142F090 L620 GOLOP/N0139F140 DCT ARTUP/N0148F140 DCT LAGAR T871 GODLO T714 MAPIK Z73 VAKNU T709 KOTEK L981 ETITI ETITI2T EPRZ

When approaching Rzeszow, they changed the runway from rwy27 to rwy09, which required a wild descent and reconfiguring last minute.

I had arranged with the airport the PPR beforehand, which only came through when I personally called the military issuing the PPRs the day before.

Bogdan who would take of further delivery was waiting for us at the GA Cargo terminal, and gladly took over the medicines. In the meanwhile they are delivered by minivan to the hospital in Ukraine.

The airport in Rzeszow truely looked like a military fortress. The fact that President Biden landed there with AF1 one day after our arrival, was probably a major reason, but it still was very impressive.

After lunch we flew back IFR via a fuel stop in Dresden (EDDC). We had filed Leipzig EDCA first but due to opening hours we had to divert to Dresden.

Original route: EPRZ N0140F100 GOVRI2R GOVRI T738 EKSEK Z348 NAROX DCT BEBEX BEBEX2T EDAC

Last flight was again VFR night from EDDC to LFQQ, avoiding 30NM around Brussels again. Landed back in Lille at 21:30L.

And the weather was CAVOK all the way from North France to Eastern Poland and back: exceptional !

We were very happy that we can make our hobby useful in this way and helping people with additional medicines !
Thanks to this forum for pointing me towards the local contacts.

Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 30 Mar 10:07
Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Great report and good deed done. Thanks.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Great effort!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Very good work!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great job guys, you rock in that Arrow, impressive how much she can haul !!

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Mar 09:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Felicitations! Admirable!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Good stuff, well done!
Linking a hobby with charitable work, what a reward

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Excellent, especially the can-do spirit in being one of the first GA flights to set the trail. Thank you also for posting the routes.

Am in touch with the German team and hoping that the Warrior might help out with it’s modest 200kg payload.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I first read your story on Aerobuzz.

Great work !

LFOU, France

Brilliant!

EIWT Weston, Ireland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message