Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviosuperfici in Italy threatened by new proposed regulation

AIUI, the (own) website requirement is long gone. The idea is now that all data is supplied to ENAC (again, also countersigned by an architect, who has to compare the airfield data with the EASA airfield requirements!) and they provide it on their site.

The study material (for the test) for the airfield managers is found here, for who is interested and understands Italian.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Dec 07:25
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I‘m surprised if Avioportolano isn‘t trying to get this scrapped. They seem to have been contracted to produce the AIP using their data and if all the aviosuperficie disappear it will kill a large part of their business. They‘ve become the de facto official supplier of aviation information for Italy.

LSZK, Switzerland

Frans wrote:

Many of those new ‘requirements’ seem indeed to be overkill / unnecessary or even BS, and endangers their operation.

Particularly if (as the AOPA letter claims) there are requirements that licensed airports are not required to meet!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well, AIUI, it is not that the aviosuperfici will have to meet any of the EASA airfield standards. What is required is that the gestore (together with the architect) compares all the actual airfield characteristics against the EASA standards and merely highlights and communicates any deviations in the documentation that they hand in.

Good luck finding an architect (who doesn’t know anything about aviation) who will make the effort to acquaint himself with these standards an then sign the document with his name.

The new regulation has been postponed to 24th March 2024

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Yes, just seen it. Well, not quite the whole regulation, but the gestore’s obligations deriving from it. Even La Stampa is reporting about it!

And yesterday (or maybe even today?), they (ENAC) invited for a webinar on the future of the aviosuperfici. Guess for when? For this morning, at 11:00 o’clock! Would be nice if someone who managed to participate could report here if anything of relevance has been said (I don’t expect so).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Dec 12:56

Next update: AOPA Italy has met ENAC and is trying two things:

• short term, get clarification from ENAC as to what exactly airfield operators need to do in order to comply (the 8th of March is approaching quickly and if the necessary paperwork isn’t prepared very soon, all these aviosuperfici will cease to be thus on that date)
  • longer term, they are trying to get the regulation revised.

I guess you can browser-translate this if interested.

A pity all this effort hasn’t been done a year ago.

Thanks for all these updates @boscomantico

boscomantico wrote:

pity all this effort hasn’t been done a year ago

and

boscomantico wrote:

these aviosuperfici will cease to be thus on that date

Well, you probably know how things work in the South… there’s always a way, or like my good friend Stefano told me once “eh, this is Italy, and nothing’s impossible”

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

And what if they just carry on as before? What is likely to happen? If the requirements to be met aren’t defined, it would seem difficult to take action against them.

LSZK, Switzerland

boscomantico wrote:

A pity all this effort hasn’t been done a year ago.

The typical phase of denial when something adverse happens. They never believed it would come through so they left it be. Not the first time this leads to adverse consequences in general aviation….

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message