Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SE Germany to Islay Airport EGPI

I am thinking about a VFR trip in a SEP from SE-Germany to EGPI next year.
Customs and immigration imply a stop before and after the channel as far as I am aware.
Any recommendations?

Germany

For the UK end, just the UK GAR form.

For the mainland, you need an airport with Immigration and Customs. Most of the French ones are a hassle (24/48hr PN) but LFAT and LFQQ are still good. And more in Belgium e.g. EBOS, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In a bit more detail.

In Belgium, I recommend Kortrijk. Ostend is too expensive if it is just a tech stop. Remember to do the Belgian gendec.

France is not that bad. Just send the customs PN as required and don‘t depart before the time you indicated in your notice. Lille is also a bit on the expensive side.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 13 Aug 20:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We are doing a round trip and are just now in Islay. We landed yesterday from Invernesse EGPE and will continue tomorrow to Weston EIWT.
Islay is really simple. Just fill out the online GAR UK form and do somewhere on the continent customs.
Siegerland EDGS and Saarbrücken EDDR were quite easy with 24h head start for the police if you want to do it in western Germany.
If you don’t want to go straight from Germany to EGPI I would suggest Lydd which is perfectly situated for a fuel stop, coming from Germany and go direct from there. Maybe you can do customs at your home airfield if you choose Lydd which is just on the UK side of the channel.

Our routing since last saturday has been LOLS-EKRS-EDGS-EGMD-EGPE-EGPA-EGPE-EGPI and tomorrow on to Ireland for three days.

Austria
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message