Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New policy and prices at Zadar LDZD

Frans wrote:

Thanks again for the detailed information. How can a normal GA crew request to be handled via the main building, if no NOTAM is in place that tells otherwise? It seems to me that they would force you to use the GAT/VIP terminal in any case?

They can’t force you to use GAT if it’s not NOTAMed and you don’t want to use it. So basically upon landing you ask to use main building and when leaving, you just go to the main building. However, they claim operational reasons (increased number of CAT flights/passengers) during high season weekends to be the reason why they can’t serve GA via main building. I’ll follow the development of the situation and if NOTAM pops up I’ll raise this issue with CAA to see what’s their opinion (IIRC they have some role in price list approval).

I’ve never seen same charges for crew and passengers at the other airports. Obviously, charging 50€ per crew member per movement is the intentional way to charge small GA and to prevent avoiding this fee by declaring multiple persons as crew members. Business jets crews (as well as their passengers) anyhow don’t care about this peanut money.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Why don’t they just get done with it and issue a NOTAM closing the airport to GA aircraft under x tons? It would end the debate, save everyone a lot of time and effort trying to determine what it would cost for a stop there.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Why don’t they just get done with it and issue a NOTAM closing the airport to GA aircraft under x tons

Because even the Croatian CAA would likely not allow it (not as bluntly as that).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This was just posted on eddh.de. 536€…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Are there any changes off-season or we can forget places like Zadar from now on?

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

As always, it depends.

If you spent 1k-2k on avgas going somewhere, then the above charge is OK. For example Fraport have jacked up Greek €30 airports to about €400 but not totally killed GA in Greece. But also note than “Jan S” paid out a lot on passenger fees.

The way to find out is to contact the airport. It’s probably seasonal.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I called Groundops Zadar today and they confirmed GAT usage is mandatory for all days since May 1st. You also need to add tax to the given prices, 25% VAT.

EDKV, Germany

Peter wrote:

For example Fraport have jacked up Greek €30 airports to about €400 but not totally killed GA in Greece.

Let’s be fair towards Fraport – they just slightly increased landing and parking charges while handlers take the majority of this €400 for non-existing service.

But also note than “Jan S” paid out a lot on passenger fees.

Again, as above, paying for non-existing service. He paid €50 for pilot on each passing through GA terminal (landing and takeoff) and he paid €65 per passenger per GAT usage. What did they get for this €360? Probably nothing, except marshalling on arrival and transport from apron to GAT and back – a 100 m walking distance.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Again, as above, paying for non-existing service. He paid €50 for pilot on each passing through GA terminal (landing and takeoff) and he paid €65 per passenger per GAT usage. What did they get for this €360? Probably nothing, except marshalling on arrival and transport from apron to GAT and back – a 100 m walking distance.

Can one choose the normal terminal instead of GAT and pay the normal passenger fees?

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Can one choose the normal terminal instead of GAT and pay the normal passenger fees?

During winter GAT is closed and you use normal terminal. They open it during spring but the usage is not mandatory. During high season on weekend plus Friday they mandate it while on other days you can use main terminal building. At least it was like that last year but it was NOTAMed. Now I can’t see NOTAM and there’s nothing in AIP. So I’m puzzled on what basis they are forcing people to use GAT.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message