Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 19-22 April 2023

The telegram group total attending shows 38 people!

BTW, the slot office is responsive on

Having said that, there are practically no slots left now. One can only hope that of the large number of people who will not turn up for whatever reason, some good % go for a refund and thus release their slots

I have a couple of other airports (doable by taxi) lined up in case 21st is not flyable. Currently, wx looks very good after 17th or so.

Regarding the slot allocation fiasco, in Germany I see two kinds of pilots posting: those who say there is no problem (and everybody should shut up and stop moaning, because they are the sort of people who “find a dead mouse baked into the Sunday rolls”) and those who say the system is crap because (in one case today) they found the slot office had their payment but no slot…

Just got this bizarre email from Aerops themselves, which suggests they have lost some of the data entered:

Unfortunately, your slot booking for the AERO is missing some information about the aircraft (registration number) or the flight route (origin/destination).
please reply briefly with your planned data.

For those who plan to be at our dinner but are not on Telegram: you need to let me know, otherwise organising the restaurant is not possible

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Idiotic, especially as EDNY tower will kick out your flight plan if ETA doesn’t fall within the slot, and they issue the SUSP shortly before EOBT, when you are not in a position to re-file. It is either how they work, or done for maximum punishment value. And the “purist” Autorouter model does not allow EOBT adjustment for a given ETA, which is why I file these flight plans using EuroFPL (Eurocontrol itself allows ~ 1.5x tweaking – see previous threads).

I had the impression AutoRouter will find EOBT and route against your input arrival ETA, I tested this while ago and it works
I have not tried EuroFPL, what do you get in addition?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well, there is the little issue that you have to physically depart around the EOBT to make it all hang together

Administrator

there is the little issue

Indeed, that is an issue especially with long touring leg and unknown wind & routing, I am sure @pilotrobbie know how to deal with these, he goes regularly into COHOR airports and maybe he has some tips

I am not the most accurate flyer timing wise, I should buy a Rolex or Bell-Ross? I recently busted my arrival airport slot in Bordeaux and Nantes, in both cases ATC were ok to fit in under IFR, last winter landed at SS+35 into unlit place, I will try my best to be at EDNY on time, hopefully they are into “best effort”

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Apr 10:32

EDNY does not care when you arrive. They care only about the FP ETA relative to the slot you bought.

With eurofpl I can depart 1000 or 1100 and still hit the 1300 ETA on the filed FP

Administrator

With eurofpl I can depart 1000 or 1100 and still hit the 1300 ETA on the filed FP

How it does that, you don’t file an EOBT at all in EuroFPL?
It have not used it for ages…

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Apr 10:44

It works within the eurocontrol margins. Some previous threads. Travelling now.

Administrator

I have managed to move my slot to a different day. The extra charge will be the extra parking, obviously.

It looks like slots are becoming free, gradually, or they have some extras (which I think is much more likely; it’s what I would do, because there will be a lot of hoarding so you need to keep some extras to sort out genuine problems).

They are quite responsive on email. There is probably a lot of mess to sort out after the Aerops booking site debacle but at least they are doing it. Last year a lot of people just gave up and walked away.

Is anyone arriving Wednesday? It would be really great if someone could keep an eye on the EuroGA leaflets. These are placed at around 3 locations, where there are general leaflet areas. For the last few years we had this problem.

Administrator

Some slots are available for booking !

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Apr 15:43

I was planning on flying on Thursday, but the weather doesn’t look great.

EBMO, EBKT
Sign in to add your message