Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA family (and friends) fly-in 2023?

To all the fathers and mothers here: would anyone be interested in a family fly-in, maybe in August 2023 or also later?

What would you be up to and where could we do that? I am still impressed from Annecy with kids, never thought that it’s such a wonderful destination for any kids age. But it’s maybe too far for most?

There are lots of possibilities with kids. This starts with just having a barbeque on an airfield and putting up tents (would be possible at my airfield, but then I’d stay without flying that day! ) or we fly to some nice location with good options on how to enjoy the stay, just like in Annecy, and there are for sure other places, too.

Can this come to life?

Germany

I am not well up on the family with children thing but I am told:-
Cholet LFOU or Mauleon LFJB would be good for a visit to the Puy du Fou. Families tend to love it especially if you have enough time and.can get to see the evening show.
Poitiers LFBI is a good destination for Futurescope. But like some rides at Disneyland sometimes there are height limits so you would need to check its suitable.

France

Yes, the puy du fou is a great idea ! Plan for 2 days to fully enjoy the park.
In august we would be able to help with the ground transportation.
What do you think @ibra ?

LFOU, France

Okay Puy du Fou sounds great! It wasn’t exactly what I had in my mind, but we keep it open

Germany

UdoR wrote:

It wasn’t exactly what I had in my mind, but we keep it open

I can’t persuade my 25 and 24 ones to join me

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Is Puy du Fou advisable for non-French speakers?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Yes because the vast majority of it is visual.
However, they also have individual radios available sized approx 5cm×5cm ×1cm which you hang round your neck and tune in to the language of your choice (well of course not all languages are covered and you would need to check if yours is) I have 1/2 dozen or so of these around the house courtesy of many English friends who have visited. They all have said they had a great time there and will go back.
Ps The people behind the Puy du Fou have also helped a group in Spain and a group in the UK build there own versions and may well be appropriate for other family weekends away.

Last Edited by gallois at 07 Jun 08:07
France
LFOU, France

Sounds like fun. I’d be in depending on the timing!

EHRD, Netherlands

Merci. I have had first-hand accounts of the Spanish version in Toledo and it sounds amazing. Surely the French original must be even better!

BTW the Spanish one was related as a not-only-for-families event. I presume the French one is the same?

Sounds like an interesting meetup place, families or not!

Now, thinking further, beyond Puy du fou, what is there to see and do in the area?

Last Edited by Antonio at 07 Jun 14:15
Antonio
LESB, Spain
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message