Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying along the Sunda Islands

Very inspirational to follow this trip, and has got the travel bug reawakened!

I am particularly in awe of your reporting skills which are being done in the mist of all the planning and flying.

I have never been this far east. The furthest I have ventured is the Malaysian side of Borneo. Kuching (WBGG), Kota Kinabalu (WBKK), and Tawau (WBKW) which are all spectacular for different reasons, then on to the Philippines.
Historically Indonesian handling used to be eye wateringly expensive especially compared to Malaysia so I would be interested when you catch your breath, if you could fill in the airport reports to give details of the handling costs at each of your stops and how they were arranged. I know the guys who handled you at Seletar, Wings Over Asia. A great asset to GA in the region and good friends of mine.

If you fancy an alternative stop to Bangkok on your way back through Thailand, I can provide AvGas with sufficient notice in Chiang Mai at my local airport VTCY.

Cheers – E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Thanks a lot @eal I knew you‘re in Thailand from your posts here on EuroGA and I asked our Thai pilot friend about the European guy flying a JetProp. He knows you, not a lot GA in Thailand. Here is the write-up of our Thailand adventure.

Indonesia is going to be expensive, I’m afraid. We don’t know as we don’t have the invoice yet. To add insult to injury we’ll have to wire transfer the money, credit card doesn’t work.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message