Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The best airport for visiting Amsterdam

Hello Björn,

I’ve been to Schiphol many times.
It depends on where you want to go in Amsterdam and how long you want to stay.
Landing and t/o is expensive in Amsterdam (about 65Euro each for my commander), but parking is dirt cheap. (1.8 Euro per ton and day)
Handling not mandatory and about 180Euro at KLM Jet Center.

Markus

United Kingdom

> Handling not mandatory and about 180Euro at KLM Jet Center.

Are you certain about this? Never landed at EHAM, but I always heard handling IS mandatory…

Thanks for the help. I had no idea that Amsterdam is so difficult for the GA. Schipho and Rotterdam are to me a number too big! And sorry for the error probably better try it now with google :-)

EDAZ

Schiphol is expective with the mandatory handling (use AVIA instead of KLM Jetcentre), but dead simple to arrive either VFR or IFR. The facilities are great. The only thing that hurts is the invoice for landing/handling. Apart from that, there should be no reason not to go there.

However, you do need to do some study on the VFR reporting points, the automatic frequency changing (once you landed) and if you fly IFR.

At Schiphol East there is one landing runway (04/22) which has on one side the ILS and on the other side you can expect vectors to the ILS of 36R with a circle to land to the 04.

From Schiphol to Amsterdam it is a quick taxi ride or you can take the train. The handling is expensive, but they will take you to the train station as part of their service.

EDLE, Netherlands

I can recommend Jet Center, but with whoever you are going don’t be scared.
There was a guy who paid for transfer to the plane only, no idea how he did it.
It is fun to get a different runway like 36C and mix with the big boys. I had this once when 04/22 was flooded, although taxiing is a bit extensive.

United Kingdom

Do you need PRNAV for Schiphol?

LKBE

>Do you need PRNAV for Schiphol?

There are many airports now who are all-PRNAV on their SIDs and STARs, but all of them ignore it, otherwise the majority of their traffic (including bizjet traffic) would be wiped out instantly. Usually there is a suitable statement in the fine print.

On a very quick look, EHAM is a long way from PRNAV, but does require BRNAV in some charts

![](http://i.imgur.com/I1DonVz.png)

which is self evident since a non-BRNAV aircraft cannot fly IFR in CAS anyway nowadays.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You do indeed need RNAV1 for Schiphol. See [here](http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2013-04-18-AIRAC/eAIP/html/eAIC/EH-eAIC-11-02-A-en-GB.html)

This is in contrast to the Paris TMA where RNAV1 is required, but there are transitional arrangements that as far as I can tell are met by RNAV5.

Alan

But who cares?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

However, Jepp plate 10-1P8 states

![](http://i.imgur.com/gZcjMoE.png)

which seems the usual way of dealing with this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message