Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDLP - Paderborn

10 Posts

Hi All,

Weather looking dire again across Europe. But looking to make a couple of tech stops on the way.

How is EDLP for quick landing, refuel JetA1 then onto EDDN. The later I may go VFR.

Will clear schengen at Rotterdam.

Cheers

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

EDLP is very easy and cheap (no own experience for refueling though). I suggest to check the Pireps on EDDH.
….or the EuroGA airport database

Last Edited by europaxs at 22 May 12:46
EDLE

I’ve done the last part of my PPL training in EDLP several years ago. Indeed very cheap and easy airport with only occasional airliner traffic. Depending on which ATCO is on duty, the Tower can be friendly or rude. Fuel is available from AirBP. If you leave the secured area, you need your pilots license and ID or passport to get back in. In case you’re hungry, I suggest to get a bite to eat at the Quax bistro.

As you already cleared immigration and customs in Rotterdam, perhaps a smaller German aerodrome would give your journey a more unique experience. EDLP is just another boring regional airport.

Last Edited by Frans at 22 May 14:24
Switzerland

I like EDLP: nice people, cheap airfield, pretty relaxed…

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Frans wrote:

I suggest to get a bite to eat at the Quax bistro

I wonder if Quax is a reference to: Quax, der Bruchpilot

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

derek wrote:

I wonder if Quax is a reference to: Quax, der Bruchpilot

of course.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Managed to get a quick stop in EDLP. Correct email, which isn’t on the website is;

ops(@)airport-pad.com

Will feedback costs after tomorrow.

AirBP/WorldFuel and CC accepted etc.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Hi,
can also suggest Arnsberg-Menden Airport (EDLA) for a quick refuelling stop. It’s nearby Paderborn and if you want, you can also do a bit of sightseeing over lake Möhne during the departure 😅
It has a very good infrastructure, as the airfield is owned by a company which operates a few Citation Jet‘s.

You can contact them by phone under 004923777877220

As far as I know, The Fuel in Paderborn isn‘t the cheapest. Also you have to wait for the fuel truck, if an other (big) aircraft is refuelled at the same time.

BR,

Florian

Germany

Originally, yes. But Paderborn is the hq of the quax verein and the bistro is theirs.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Originally, yes. But Paderborn is the hq of the quax verein and the bistro is theirs.

assuming it’s open….. it hasn’t been the last few times I was there…. whereas the Currywurst in Arnsberg is very tasty…..

EDL*, Germany
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message