Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR has become cheaper for GA

We have been there a couple of times but if you want to be in Prague it is a bit of a trek.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Pribram (I lived there 1960-1969) has no Customs. Otherwise it is OK.

The bus to Prague is about 1hr, but was extremely cheap – c. €1 (2003). I don’t know how far the bus station (for Prague) is from the LKPM airport, however.

Pribram is not really a viable airport for Prague unless you want to see the country, for which a bus is great.

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Feb 18:43
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

is the any reason to fly to LKPR ? LKVO is round the corner if you need to go IFR in hard IMC…for VFR there are plenty of options close to Prague /LKLT, LKPM etc/.

LKKU, LKTB

LKVO is wonderful as long as it’s open – I wanted to fly into it a few days ago when I was ferrying an aircraft from the UK to Romania, but they were closed for a whole week. As to VFR, there are quite a few options within a short bus (or cycle) ride from Prague, my home base being one of them.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I too got a surprise from LKVO in summer of 2013. The owner just took the weekend off and didn’t even bother to notam it. Luckily I phoned up the evening before and the security guard told me…

That’s useless, because the alternative, for a flight from the UK, is just LKPR and €200+.

Or, what if I land at LKVO and when returning to fly back, I find the place locked up for a few days?

Administrator

Or, what if I land at LKVO and when returning to fly back, I find the place locked up for a few days?

Since you’re flying to UK, you need border police which has to be required 24h in advance at LKVO – you’ll save a trip from Prague to Vodochody because you won’t get confirmation if it’s locked.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

a bit of insight from local (prague) guy :)

LKKB – kbely – don’t even try if your plane is not NATO or goverment rig. Strictly military airport, any landing is prior permit of commander of base (no chance with GA plane even from NATO country, if you really need to land there, use PAN PAN or MAY DAY :) but they will not even refuell you if you are not NATO plane. There are lot of hoax this airport will be, is or was opened for civil transport /GA but it is not true and never was. Every year there is some article in some newpapers that some company says it will start some commercial traffic within next two years from LKKB (last time it was bizjet company) and every year military strictly denies this information with adding they don’t have any plans to open this airport to public and they don’t want to change this

LKLT – just across the street of LKKB (and my home airport :) yes, grass only, VFR DAY (but with AFIS service,and will be still with AFIS and INFO callsign, quite rare in these times :). MOGAS + AVGAS. Hangarning is problematic but possible for short term. Walking distance to prague subway line (20-30 minutes from downtown to airborne is what I am used to live with). If you are planning to visit us, and landing on 05, select 05L, there is quite unpleasant hump at rwy treshold of 05R. You just save your landing gear a bit and you can select 05L 05R as you wish almost all the time.

LKVO – all important was written, it is IFR aiport with strict PPR but never heard they doomed anyone they know he should arrive. but as written it is not wise to let it for last 24hours.

LKPR – pribram, VFR DAY only, from my perspective not good airport for visiting prague if you haven’t transport Airport itself is in the middle of nowhere about 20km from city (even sticked to highway but this makes nothing if you don’t have car) So you need to get to Pribram first and to Prague (which is about 60km , bus every 30 minutes or so. not an issue)
I don’t think so this is interesting airport for you as it is Public domestic AD only

but there is one airport which is not in this list and seems to me better than LKPR
LKRO – roudnice, it is VFR DAY and NIGHT, grass strip with lights, a common airport used for VFR NIGHT ratings.
airport is within city limits like LKLT. There are plenty of busess and trains from city to prague,definitely more than from Pribram as this city is located on one of main route to/from Germany. And it is public domestic AD / Private international AD

last but not least, I think our AIS with its AIP section is really good comparing with other countries :) everything free, no registration needed
AIS
http://lis.rlp.cz/?lang=en

AIP section
http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/www_main_control/frm_en_aip.htm

LKLT.LKBE

Many thanks for your post, Pimparoo

I was born there, Pankrac, 1957

LKKB – kbely – don’t even try if your plane is not NATO or goverment rig.

This is really interesting. I have read reports, from, shall we call them, big UK pilot forum personalities, who “landed” at Kbely. One guy “did” it in a PA46 Malibu, several years ago. It is entirely possible they are lying, because some people I know really do invent stuff, to look important.

Anything special to know about LKRO for a direct flight from/to the UK? It shows 1400m grass, Customs PNR. How much notice do Customs require?

Administrator

Sorry, but LKRO seems to be lightyears away from Prague.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 28 Feb 20:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Better come to LKRK, Rakovnik, 35-40 minutes drive to Prague center. 1 km from my company, and if you tell me 1 week in advance I’l give you a car from my company for free (you pay for the gas :-). Grass, 750 meters)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 28 Feb 20:36
Sign in to add your message