Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Sywell/Northampton EGBK / Booker / High Wycombe EGTB

mrfacts – I will start at the RV owners tent in the ‘Life Style’ section, where I will be manning the tent for a session.
Same row,but other end as the Go Cycle tent.

Last Edited by Norman at 29 May 15:12
Norman
United Kingdom

I’ll be the tall German asking for you ;)

EDLN and EDKB

You could practically buy an aeroplane for the price of one of those cycles.

It is actually the missing link for me and I expect a nice return on investment. I expect to be able using such a bike for the “airfield to customer run” not having to wait for a disgruntled cabbie..

..and to put everything into perspective for the return trip to Sywell from Germany I already could have bought half the bike..

EDLN and EDKB

That is a lot of taxi trips….

EGTK Oxford

The Gocycle is great. A design and engineering masterpiece.

I am sure it is. But many super expensive things are.

EGTK Oxford

I am sure it is. But many super expensive things are.

..said the man who flies the Jetprop..

EDLN and EDKB

With nice wx forecast, the place is likely to be manic, with their special “non-radio holding patterns” etc.

Last year the cloudbase was much lower and they abandoned the holds, but as I was on final and just below the cloudbase, I still had several people on TCAS, a couple of hundred feet above me, with them in IMC and descending on an obvious GPS track on an IFR version of a long final… I would rather drive but it is too far to bother.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

..said the man who flies the Jetprop

I most certainly don’t fly a Jetprop…But an expensive plane doesn’t mean you like to pay too much for things. You can buy a lot of bike for the price of one of those bikes. Why not buy a normal carbon bike for less and get more exercise?

… I would rather drive but it is too far to bother.

I am driving tomorrow.

Last Edited by JasonC at 29 May 21:28
EGTK Oxford

Presumably the idea of a folding bike is that it fits into a plane that doesn’t have the big cargo loading door on the side (with a staircase) like yours has.

Folding bikes are generally overpriced because of the types of people who buy them. Same people who eat organic food, for example (that includes me)

But top end bikes of any sort, made of lightweight materials, always cost money. I think my mountain bike was about 1800 quid.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message