Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Sywell/Northampton EGBK / Booker / High Wycombe EGTB

How does it differ from the other UK event, at High Wycombe/Booker?

I always get the two confused I drove to the last one (Booker) but flew to a previous one and remember a 25 page PDF briefing pack on how to fly the special holding patterns in Class G It was manic and I decided to never fly there again.

I think the non-cert scene is where anything new ever comes out. That’s certainly true for Aero Friedrichshafen, which is by far the biggest one in Europe. It’s a good venue for meeting up with people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had a really pleasant afternoon at the LAA rally Sywell today – some really interesting light sport aircraft developments and some impressive EFIS capabilities from a variety of manufacturers – there really is some good stuff in the uncertified sector. I’m very taken with the RV series – the 8 in particular looks a great machine!

Last Edited by Balliol at 30 Aug 17:07
Now retired from forums best wishes

Peter wrote:

Do you need a ME PPL for this?

I hope not, it’s on my bucket list of aircraft to fly! Though I suspect you probably do.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Yes it was quite nice. Compact but not too crowded.

I drove in (1hr only, not worth flying). I am sure having ATC would have helped, versus the manic Sywell system with the 25+ page PDF on arrival procedures…

Nice to have caught up with a few people and visited a few firms.

Curiously no avionics shops exhibiting – presumably they are busy on 8.33 work.

Next time, Balliol

A few pics:

Do you need a ME PPL for this?

Very important:

TBM930:

Administrator

Flying in went brilliantly, very effective and friendly ATC and ground handling. A really good day – it’s more about meeting up with many friends and contacts these days than a massive display.

I have to say there was a real atmosphere of positivity – there seems a real swell of GA technological developments as well which was heartening to see and the CAA GA Unit should be commended for a big stand, lots of staff genuinely keen to engage and getting involved in the seminars.

Sorry to have missed Peter though!

Thread renamed since the location has moved from Sywell to Booker!

Administrator

I now plan to drive up Friday.

Administrator

Have a slot booked for Saturday morning but looking at the weather I may well be driving.

S57
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Planning to fly in on Friday.

Rochester EGTO

Will be there Friday

81 Posts
Sign in to add your message