Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague 24-28 July 2014?

Just landed at LKLT. 05L is smooth enough, taxiing is a little bit shaky. The weather now is wonderfull, just few isolated thunderstorms on the way from EDTL. Taxi to city is less than 15EUR, but get some CZK from ATM on the way – taxi drivers are happy to offer exclusive exchange rate to you.

So, I’m here till the friday morning.

EVCA

For what it’s worth, LKLT is situated directly next to a metro station.

My plan is to arrive Friday 1300Z or so, and depart Sunday 0800Z. I am meeting up with a couple of pilots.

I contacted the airport to check prices, because last time I ended up paying about 2x more than was quoted. It is still the same i.e. in the region of €200 but a big part of it is a 10% commission which they put on avgas sales. People are of course used to paying varying fuel prices (e.g. Lelystad was some 20% more than Shoreham, last time I visited) but when you get 10% of the fuel sale presented on your landing+parking+handling invoice, it comes as a surprise

Charges (TB20 1400kg; same apparently as a PA28):

landing fee - 1047 CZK / 37Euro
Parking – app. 1000 CZK / 36 Euro
Handling fee – 1500 CZK / 54 Euro
slot assistance – 250 CZK / 9 Euro

Plus the 10% “disbursement” on fuel sales.

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Jul 11:42
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter, please keep us updated on the landing/handling fees for Prague LKPR. We’re planning to fly there at the end of the summer.
A previous post from Ultranomad suggests that the prices came down, and that handling is not mandatory. However, it would be interesting to know how that works out in practice…

All above is mandatory. Just checked this minute. Also no way to avoid the 10% fuel sale commission.

Update:

Prices above exclude 21% VAT.

Total quoted for landing + 2 nights’ parking, including VAT 21%: 4142 CZK (EUR 151)

Fuel:
JET A-1: 44.12 CZK (EUR 1.61) per liter including VAT 21% and disbursement 10%
AVGAS 100LL: 75.57 CZK (EUR 2.75) per liter including VAT 21% and disbursement 10%

The efficiency of the GA unit is as good as the best I have seen anywhere.
prg.gahandling (at) czechgh.cz

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Jul 19:37
Administrator

I know posting these tracking links is tempting fate, but here you are

Administrator

So it’s Ruzine rather than Vodochody

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Remember, Peter needs 2x ILS, customs, handling, H24 and min 2 runways

Even without posting the tracking link, you can’t hide:

Seems like he landed after 4 hours.