Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thursday 7th August lunch

Anyone interested in meeting up this Thursday 7th August – Channel Islands/ Deauville/ Texel/ ???
PAX seat available from Kemble area.

Norman
United Kingdom

I might…

However Le T is much nicer than Deauville, IMHO, despite being such a cliche

Last Edited by Peter at 05 Aug 14:52
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You mean the airports, or the towns? If you mean the towns, I guess you haven’t properly been to Deauville. While Deauville has about 90% nice typical architecture, L2K has about 50%…

The seafronts can’t even remotely compared…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Aug 16:46
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Weather permitting, I am in for Deauville or any place near (Le Touquet, Calais, …) Channel Islands too far off, though, and Texel in (almost) prohibited airspace for my non-transponder craft.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You mean the airports, or the towns?

I almost never “fly to an airport”; yes I meant the towns. But that’s just my view – if one is just meeting up for a lunch

I’d be happy to do Deauville. It still has Customs, I think.

Last Edited by Peter at 05 Aug 22:05
Administrator

Lets do Le Touquet, haven’t been there for over 10 years.
11:00 Local ?

Norman
United Kingdom

I am afraid my previous response was over-optimistic. Deauville is out of reach, and Le Touquet is at the limit (for lunch at a decent hour).
My field only opens at 10:00 local and with my 80 kts, and presuming same wind as today, I can only land at Le Touquet at 12:40 or so. That’s still ok for French lunch habits.

Calais I could arrive slightly earlier, but I am not sure of the current status of its restaurant, and the airport website appears to be in trouble.
[[ edit: I just called the LFAC restaurant, they are open tomorrow and have lunch available ]]

Last Edited by at 06 Aug 08:35
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

We’re planning to go to Le Touquet on Sunday 10th for lunch. Any tips for a nice restaurant?

There are quite a few good ones. But on a Sunday, land early unless it is OVC002 I would aim for 10am local, unless you want to sample British PPL circuit practices

Administrator

We’re planning to go to Le Touquet on Sunday 10th for lunch. Any tips for a nice restaurant?

I cant give any tips as there are so many, and for the few I have been to, I cant remember their name. I also came across one Cafe which seemed to sell only 3 things, and they all involved combinations of bread, cheese and other options. My friend who I was with liked one of the three things, but I didnt, so ended up with a Kit Kat. Very French!
My personal tip, which would be more important would be to check your bike. I’ve only used the bikes on a few occasions but I must be unlucky as I always seem to ride off with a bike with either a semi-flat tyre, or pedals about to fall off.

Shame about Deauille, I flew there a few Thursdays back while I had time off work.

29 Posts
Sign in to add your message