Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

Peter the Frau wants to know if you have a pvt toilet for the 45Euro room? We stayed at Hotel Floki on Iceland and had to share a bathroom with 2 floors 15 rooms total. That was at 110Euros a night. You know, she never lets me forget those things.

KHTO, LHTL

Achim we’ve been cruising Trip Advisor just thought Id save some time and ask everyone here.

Thanks for all who’ve responded.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter the Frau wants to know if you have a pvt toilet for the 45Euro room?

No; they lend you a bucket. You have to wash it out every morning

Of course there is a private toilet This is the hotel I am staying in and there are others in the area, probably similarly priced. I stayed in one right across the road last time (the booking for the one above got cancelled by mistake).

But this hotel is some distance from the show – that’s the tradeoff. If you have a car, it’s trivial. The bus involves one bus to the town and then the shuttle bus to the show. I think, in reality, one would not do the show for more than 1 or 2 days anyway (not that much to see) and one would do evening meet-ups in the town. The taxi is about €25 each way which is OK if there are a few people.

No idea what the cancellation policy is…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter the Frau wants to know if you have a pvt toilet

Reminds me of one of those “useful” little announcement boards I once found in a Hotel. Can’t remember where it was but wish I had had my camera.

“TOILET FOR GUESTS ONLY.

To use the toilet, ask the reception and buy a one time voucher (€1.-) with a number code for the lock.

Enter the code you are given as follows:

Press the * key twice.

Enter the code sequence in reverse

Press the # key four times.

The door will unlock and you are free to use the toilet for a peroid of maximum 3 minutes, after which the door will open automatically. "

Below this notice someone had attached a paper note saying “If you can’t complete the above instructions before it’s too late, please clean the floor after you. Paper towels are available at the reception for € 5.- a piece.”

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Is that the Swiss way of making money?

United Kingdom

Nope, it was not in Switzerland, I believe in the US, Dallas if memory serves right. So I should have written $ instead of € but it could have been in the UK as well (£ in that case…). I was travelling a lot at that time…. Will try to figure out on which trip that was. They got funny habits over yonder, once I was handed the key to one of the said facilities attached to a huge 10lb brick….

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 05 Feb 16:25
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Must have been UK never ran into that problem of paying for a pee except when I came to Europe and went to a McDonalds. Left there and later went ot a Burger King only to be told there is no condiments table if you want Ketchup on your Burger it will cost you 100Ft. For 650Ft you can buy a bottle of Heinz Ketchup.

I have run into the brick and key though.

KHTO, LHTL

Could be worse. In Slovak public toilets they used to ask you whether you wanted to pee or poo and charge accordingly.

That leads to another level of administrative complexity. For men I can see how that would be controlled. Right turn urinals left turn toilet bowel. But what do you do with women?

The whole thing is ……

KHTO, LHTL

In a lot of public toilets over here, women always pay full price, men have the option of a discounted option.

PS: In Eastern Europe, there used to be a lot of well maintained public toilets, everywhere in the cities. Those were given up after the collapse of communism and turned into high value real estate. When in Moscow/St. Petersburg I always enjoy going to cafés where the locals tell me they used to be a public toilet before…

Sign in to add your message