Banner
Welcome to our forums

San Sebastian (LESO)

I’m going to San Sebastian tonight.
Handling not mandatory.
Landing fee 12€ + VAT parking: 20€ +VAT per day

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Is handling from LESO mandatory for direct flights BACK to the UK? On the way down will stop off at Nantes which solves the problem nicely but ideally want to get back in one go.

I have the complication of a passenger with a Russian passport so it needs to be stamped – therefore I can’t do the “I departed from a customs airport and didn’t see anyone” excuse.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Charlie wrote:

Is handling from LESO mandatory for direct flights BACK to the UK? On the way down will stop off at Nantes which solves the problem nicely but ideally want to get back in one go.

I think so. But I paid about €200 so you should be much less. Minimum is about €70. email these guys for a quote. [email protected]

EGTK Oxford

Thanks. So basically I’m best off going via Nantes both ways I think – somewhere to stop for lunch!

The Spanish AIP still states that handling is mandatory at LESO, which doesn’t seem to be the case from the above though.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

We went to San Sebastian (LESO) yesterday and it looks as though they have abandoned the handling charges. I’ll have to go again before long and see if this is a change in policy or a chance event. I didn’t ask too many questions. Anyway I paid about 30 euros for landing and a few hours parking which seemed reasonable, particularly as they asked me to hold before taking off so they could clear birds from the runway. I had noticed some very fat seagulls around and they obviously thought they might be a hazard. I was quite impressed. Even at the airport they had this sign outside the WC.

The 61 euros handling change made day trips rather expensive and if permanent we’ll go there more often and spend our money in the many excellent restaurants and bars.
Simon

No doubt, this is good news if it will be confirmed. San Sebastian is still a great destination. I’ll do the same and come more often, even if it may be for just a walk to the very scenic Hondarribia centre with its great atmosphere.

As for the fees the Spanish AENA published its user fees in a document I searched in vain on the net. I had a copy some years ago and found it very useful. Does anybody know where to find it?

France

Google “AENA Tarifas 2017”. Here

Re handling at LESO, I haven’t heard it has changed. I think their logic is still:

Coming from a “safe” airport: —> no handling

Coming from an “unsafe” airport —> handling

Where did you arrive from, Simon?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Very unsafe place, LFDH.
I think there has been friction between Iberia and AENA on this issue and they may have decided to discontinue this absurd practice.

The presence of Vueling might have helped their finances.
Simon

Last Edited by simon32 at 04 Sep 07:50

Well, While Auch is small, it’s still an IFR airport, has an AFIS, an IATA code, etc. I don’t know how exactly San Sebastian determines the “safety” of the airport of origin, but it could be they consider this one a “safe” one…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Previously they have considered it unsafe (no police) and I have paid the handling. I feel the wind has changed.
Simon

Sign in to add your message