Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EPSN landing permit

Good morning,

I have this plan of going to Poland and this airport would be best suited.

It is military and I understand it may be possible to land there with a PPR.

Does anyone have any experience with this airfield?

Thank you!

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

According to EP MIL AIP AD 1.1-AERODROME/HELIPORT AVAILABILITY AND CONDITIONS OF USE the PPR is 21 days for foreign nationals (section 1.1.2.1). If that timing still works for you I can give them a call and see if it even can be arranged. There have been some significant changes in allowing civilian use of mil airfields in the past two or so months, both in law and attitude, so you just might get lucky.

Keep in mind that although the field has IFR approaches, they are MIL only. You’re stuck with VFR.

Last Edited by tmo at 28 Aug 12:28
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Thank you very much for you offer. It might be quite helpful to get this sorted out locally.

Our plan is to fly in on September 23 and leave on September 26 which should still be fine according to the 21 days in the EP.

I went on the website attempting to do this myself not to bother you but it appears to be only in Polish unless I missed a choice somewhere.

I took good note of the VFR restriction and will plan a civil alternate.

Thank you very much again!

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

The form you need to fill out is: CLEARANCE STANDARD FORM FOR CIVIL AIRCRAFT TO LAND ON MILITARY AIRFIELDS

I tried calling the voice numbers on the form, but no one answered.

I’d suggest filling out the form and faxing it asap, then a follow up call on Monday. If you get someone who doesn’t speak English let me know and I’ll call them and ask about your specific request.

As a last resort you can try the MIL ARO, see section 8 of the aerodrome MIL AIP document.

Either way, please let me know how it works out, I’m very curious how the recent changes work out in real life.

Last Edited by tmo at 28 Aug 14:33
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Wow, these PPR notice periods even rival those of Greece!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well, these are military airfields, I was fairly surprised they even have a theoretical option for civilians to use them. I’m very interested in how it all ends up working out for David.
FWIW, For Polish nationals the PPR is 7 days.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Thank yo for the form Tmo.

I will get this done asap and let you know.

Have a nice weekend.

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

tmo wrote:

Well, these are military airfields,

Well Megara (LGMG, close to Athens) is military too and has (or had when I was last there) about 21 days PPR (which in reality took them about 6 weeks)

LSZK, Switzerland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message