Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Visiting Koln/Cologne

bars and small hotels (Martinsviertel)

Martinsviertel – is that the name of a particular hotel or a german generic name ?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

No, it’s a quarter of the city. Pretty the much the remaining part of “old town” if you wish (most of which has been destroyed in the war).

EDDK will stilldefinitely be quicker and more comfortable than Hangelar. Ten minutes walk to Terminal 1 and then 14 minutes in the S-Bahn to the main station. But it’s becoming too expensive. Alas, for small GA the battle is pretty much lost regarding the big airports in Europe.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Nov 19:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

No 12 – what do you mean by ‘more comfortable’ – what is un-comfortable about EDKB ?

EDDK is expensive but not a hassle airport. It is actually very efficient with good transport links. You can be on the train 15 minutes after landing.

EGTK Oxford

Sorry, bad wording – wanted to say “convenient”, not “comfortable”. See above, getting to the city is certainly more straightforward from EDDK.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks, had a feeling you meant “convenient”, however seems your English is perfect. Wish I could reciprocate.

I now remember why I didn’t fly to Hangelar. It’s VFR only so even if you can get in there you can just get stuck there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Jason – understand EDDK is expensive but NOT a hassle. Apologies.

I’d fly to Mönchengladbach. Border control onsite and ILS too.
You habe to go by bus and train to Cologne, but much cheaper.

United Kingdom

Markus,

There are three airfields closer than MG (EDLN). Of course you can also fly to Brussels and take the Thalys into Cologne central station.. ;)
I need to second Hangelar. Very friendly and capable airfield. I would give their OPS a call (+492241202010) or check their contact details on www.edkb.de and discuss your options.
EDKB is my home field in Germany and I have heard the operator mention a courtesy car some time ago. Otherwise the above is true regarding Hangelar Ost tram station

EDLN and EDKB
Sign in to add your message