Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bucharest

Any advice on flying to Bucharest, which airport (I guess Bucharest Băneasa – Aurel Vlaicu is more appropriate for GA), is handling mandatory, who to contact etc.?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes Bucharest Baneasa is the GA airport, handling is mandatory and the company is RAS.

LRSV, Romania

What are the fees?

They are quite expensive, as I recall from this spring about 65 euro for an ultralight, 1 passenger, same day departure – especially the passenger fee looked very big, make them all crew with a neck ID holder, the license paper is not accepted or asked for; call/email them for exact prices for your airplane/load.
Airport fees are as pe AIP attached below.

LRSV, Romania

I meant handling – are the EUR 65 inclusive of handling fees or not?

Re crew neck ID I’ll tell them to stick it acolo unde soarele nu straluceste foarte des…

Yes all inclusive!

LRSV, Romania

byteworks wrote:

about 65 euro

According to what I see here in Croatia and what I’ve seen in Czeck, Slovakia and some other countries it’s what you can expect (around €100 for under 2 tons MTOM). On the other hand, Bosnia, Slovenia and Serbia maintained moderate approach to pricing, very close to Italy (between 50 and 60 euro) but still more expensive than Spain or France or Germany.

Last Edited by Emir at 12 Nov 13:49
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As I said the passenger handling fee charged by RAS is huge, 40-50 Euro/passenger I remember so the amount does increase substantially if you have 3 of them.

LRSV, Romania

Thanks everybody for valuable info. I’ll check pricing before taking off

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Have you considered Clinceni / Bucuresti Airfield? It’s on the outskirts of the city, and is a lovely grass airfield. It’s home to the Hawks of Romania, the Romanian National Aerobatic club, as well as numerous glider and flying schools. We visited it in September.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message