Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Longer term parking at Innsbruck LOWI

This is the current Notam:

URGENT INFORMATION TO ALL OPERATORS:
DUE TU LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE THE FOLLOWING PARKING RESTRICTIONS.
ARE APPLICABLE EFFECTIVE 16 DEC 2015 – VALID UNTIL 3 APR 2016 FOR ALL
FLTS EXCEPT SCHEDULED AND SERIAL-CHARTER FLTS:
NO LONG TERM-PARKING (MORE THAN 1 HOUR) PERMITTED AT INNSBRUCK
(LOWI/INN) IN THE FOLLOWING TIME-RANGE:
WEDNESDAY 1800 UTC UNTIL SUNDAY 1800 UTC
IN THE MENTIONED TIME-RANGES A MAXIMUM TURNAROUND-TIME OF 60 MIN
WILL BE ACCEPTED. : NOTAM LO/A2262/15

However, as posted previously it is obvious that notam is not the whole story. Quite obviously people do park for longer. Or maybe it is because the notam doesn’t start till 16 Dec and they really do throw everybody out then? That would be dumb because that parking area (see pics in the link) is only for little planes and chucking them out is just losing money. Traffic levels are not an issue either; they are very low.

Also there is a number of aeroclubs there – details here

Has anyone managed to establish a contact or some sort of a relationship with any club there?

I thought about contacting them all but (a) they are likely to not “open up” to a stranger asking such a Q and (b) my experience of contacting aeroclubs in the “wrong” language is that you get zero replies.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Frustrating isnt it?

Peter wrote:

I thought about contacting them all but (a) they are likely to not “open up” to a stranger asking such a Q and (b) my experience of contacting aeroclubs in the “wrong” language is that you get zero replies.

I dont think they realize it but with that attitude of effort they will soon be flying hang gliders.

KHTO, LHTL
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message