Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Thanks I looked it up. I can well believe the ski regions are very scenic in the summer too.

Just remembered “the problem” with Bolzano: no avgas… “officially”. Here. Does anyone have an update, or could someone phone the aeroclub in Italian?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

luckymaaa wrote:

the Vinschgau (Meran upwards) is beautifull itself, and there are very good hotels for good prices there and delicous food.

I agree! Plus the smell of apples is a wonderful thing. The only problem is that the full length of the road between Mals and Merano is clogged with traffic so if you’re on the road, the earlier the better.

Could anyone please phone up the Bolzano Aeroclub and ask them if they can still supply avgas?

Administrator

I left them a message.

Many thanks. It would be ideal, otherwise I have to fly the very short hop to Trento for avgas and then fly back via e.g. LFAT.

Administrator

They confirmed it is possible, but just asked that you let them know in advance.

That’s brilliant – thanks. Could you please PM me the phone number or an email address?

Administrator

One point which I recall from previous comms with the airport is that hard parking is available if you pay for handling. This isn’t much

“i confirm 10,48euro per day is the price for the handling on the main apron. Parking fees are 0,08 euro per ton per hour and then there are also landing/take-off fees and paxfees.”

but it may preclude getting avgas from the aeroclub. Does anyone know if one can get avgas while remaining on a hard surface?

Right now the wx is HOT so the ground should be dry, but you never know the condition of the grass….

From google maps it looks like there are hard taxiways and surely nobody would have grass in front of the fuel pump??

Administrator

The refuelling has nothing to do with the parking. For fuel, you first have to taxi ro the aeroclub (and tell the AFIS accordingly) anyway, since the Avgas is from a fixed fuel station, in front of their hangar. After that, you call AFIS again and taxi to either the main apron (with parking reservation/ handling) or to the (fine) grass parking just next to it.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bolzano is now asking for a health declaration form which appears to include a journey log extract

Which countries have the Zika virus, for this purpose? The health declaration has to be sent in regardless of where you have been.

It would be trivial, for somebody with more than 2 braincells, to look on FR24… No wonder large sections of GA turn off their transponders.

There is also a “registration form”

Two of them actually – the 2nd one:

Aviation is wonderful; 53.75% of the population would be unemployed without this stuff.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message