Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Does anyone know which countries have the Zika virus, for this purpose?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks! Pfewwww; I narrowly missed getting into real trouble after my recent trips to Timbuktu…

The Peoples’ Republic of Upper Volta looks in the clear though!

Administrator

It’s only a matter of time that those 7 hour flights to Greece become too short and you end up in Sudan :-)

Should have a video of the LOC DME 01 in VMC

Administrator

There are a couple of options for say Madonna. One is obviously a taxi which was quoted at €210. The other is by train+bus

which probably costs next to nothing… It’s funny that you start with a train in the wrong direction; to Trento.

I guess the real Q is whether that bus really exists. I found this in January when I was trying to get from Verona to Corvara. None of the buses (from google searches of bus timetables) actually existed. The trains were running (though not even those, and I nearly missed the return flight an had to get a taxi back for €250).

Another possibility is car rental at Bolzano airport. There are two car rental firms right there. Whether this is cheaper than a taxi at €420 is not hard to check.

Administrator

I have taken the bus from Trento FS to Madonna di Campiglio… after taking an overnight train from Rome. However, it was probably around 2008.

I’ve been doing the trip writeup, dug out the current AIP, and it turns out that Bolzano LIPB now has official avgas!

Presumably they found the continuous subterfuge too much hassle so found a way to formalise it

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Another possibility is car rental at Bolzano airport. There are two car rental firms right there. Whether this is cheaper than a taxi at €420 is not hard to check.

A quick check with Sixt for 3 or 4 days next week, all km incl, shows from €50/day for a Citroen C4 to €65/day for a Kia Cee’d combi to €75/day for a Nissan Qashqai which I think is 4×4 …. much better than a taxi. About €10/day less for the weekend (e.g. Jan 12-15 incl).

Great news about the avgas.

Last Edited by chflyer at 01 Jan 13:38
LSZK, Switzerland

I may be a wimp but I am not sure I would want to be driving, on the wrong side of the road, in the snow, and €75/day is in the same ballpark as a taxi, if you go there for a few days. I think the buses are worth investigating, somehow… the online timetables can be complete fiction as I found out on the trip to Corvara a year ago.

I however well appreciate that a car is really handy for skiing because you can avoid walking distances in the ski boots. All the locals just drive to the base of the slope.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message