Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Just added two more hotels to the list Sport Hotel 173 Euros and Hotel Zischghof 462 E. But that would only be possible if they gave a 50% discount. At least for my wallet.

KHTO, LHTL

IMHO there is a significant advantage in having a hotel near the ski area, so you don’t have to transport your stuff on buses etc. That wastes 1-2hrs in each direction.

Especially if you have your own gear so you don’t have to waste time renting stuff etc.

And that seems to be the difference between €30/night and €150/night – at least it was exactly that where I was a few weeks ago.

I will be up for a trip anywhere around the Alps January-March. However a friend in Dortmund says there are great beginner/intermediate slopes within 1hr’s drive and you don’t have the Alpine ripoffs. Of course there is zero snow there now – as in most places….

€462 is completely outrageous!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Normally you leave your stuff in a heated closet right at the lift station, and you don’t carry anything around. At least that’s what i always do.

please check for AVGAS i was there in August and had to get it via the aeroclub

fly2000

Just checked and a little bit from the slopes (1.5 km) but in front of the Ski shuttle that goes up into the mountain there is a small Hotel. It has a all the amenities except pool.
Hotel Rauth for 55Euro. For the price waiting and catching a bus might be worth saving 100-150 euro a night.

Anyone have an idea about the airport fees and rental cars?

KHTO, LHTL

I would suggest those looking to ski in Europe this year direct their attentions to next year. Just doesn’t look like a good season.

EGTK Oxford

I have just posted in the Austria thread. Kaprun / LOWZ (glacier) looks great. Anyway, normally, the winter doesn’t get going properly till Jan/Feb.

Also: This older thread has a load of info

Administrator

Well after reading about different mountain airports for the past year, I have to make a decision. Why LIPB Bolzano? Because as Bosco mentioned it is most often VFR. It has an IFR approach just in case (I know you have to be checked out but in an emergency its better than nothing). It will have snow removal. According to what someone said they even offer hangarage if needed.

So that takes care of flying to go skiing. The next important thing is where to stay? I dont want to break the bank but do want a certain level of comfort and luxury when off the slopes. When I do find that place covering all the bases will be back time and again.

Peter can you make a weekday trip exclusive of one of the many many holidays here in Europe? It seems there might be better prices and availability of everything outside of weekends and holidays.

KHTO, LHTL

I can go more or less anytime, usually. But would much prefer to go to an airport which is flyable direct to/from the UK.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Peter 02-Jan-16 09:55 #29
I can go more or less anytime, usually. But would much prefer to go to an airport which is flyable direct to/from the UK.

That makes sense. Looking at the LIPB Belzano AIP it does show customs from 0500-2200.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message