Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Peter: This is the group I belong to and has put packages like this together. Even has beginner ski instruction. Nice package.

https://www.internations.org/activity-group/1/activity/172959?utm_medium=email&utm_source=activitygroup_mails&utm_campaign=activitygroup_invitation&utm_content=20_1

KHTO, LHTL

However, is this near Bolzano?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No but it gives you an idea that not all of Germany or Austria are for expert skiers and that there are beginners slopes as well as areas not far from major population centers and ergo GA infra structure.

KHTO, LHTL

Is there any real prospect of skiing near Bolzano this year?

The webcams show bare ground on all the “easy” areas and with the temp right now being +5C even a massive snowfall isn’t going to be around for long.

Administrator

Hard to say it can change in the course of a week. This week they are expecting below freezing temps for about a week albeit that is in Hungary. Usually most places make snow if its cold enough.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

Is there any real prospect of skiing near Bolzano this year?

I’ll be flying to Trento LIDT tomorrow. It’s next to Bolzano. Will write about conditions.

LPFR, Poland

I’m in Madonna di Campiglio, 75km from LIDT. Mostly artificial snow. Natural snow above 2km. Lifts open. Very few skiers. I didn’t see any snow, even artificial, in lower places, below 1500m.

LPFR, Poland

I didn’t use to go to Madonna a lot since I hated the drive. Even starting from Trento, it is still about 80km or 1.5 hours of curving mountain roads.

I am sure right now the snow is 90% artificial with green everywhere else. Can you post a few pics?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You’re right. It’s artificial. Only upper parts are all white. Pics: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0XGI9HKKGec2kb

LPFR, Poland

I have very little experience but those are quite wide runs for artificial snow. When I was on artificial snow, Dec 2015, at Axams, Mutters, and Filzmoos, the runs were only about 10m wide, and the stuff was really hard-packed.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message