Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Le Touquet LFAT May 2016

I could possibly be up for it – again, but would be more interested in Alderney.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

Alderney

That would require equipment for the part over water which I or the planes I rent planes do not have…
But I am open to other destinations as well…

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

If anyone is going to Le 2K with kids they have some bikes with kiddy seats at the back for rent, but only a few – my 3 year old son loved the bike ride into town and was one of the highlights of the trip -just thought I’d mention it, as it is worth an email to reserve one.

I was there in a HR100 yesterday (and took off for return just behind Peter) .

No passport checks by the time we arrived about 1145Z. Glorious weather window as well

jfw wrote:

equire equipment for the part over water which I or the planes I rent planes do not have…

Is a P 28A not equipped? I flew to Sweden with one in 2014?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

@Vieke well flying to Alderney supposes flying over water and unless I am mistaken, thus some life jackets which nor the plane nor me have….

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Just ask around on your club. Mostly there are some to borrow, or on your club will be someone who can point you in the right direction. :-)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

I have just helped someone buy some very nice life jackets from amazon.co.uk, for about £70 each. That is a good quality one, with a decent fabric. Not a “pro” one for constant wear – those are 3x that at least.

However I would not fly over water without a life raft, and they cost more – near £1000. But in a club scenario that is OK and one would move it between planes as necessary.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

raft

Do you believe you can take it out and open it in time? Most people have it in the luggage compartment, but I don’t think that is a good spot in an emergency when you are stressing and busy with hundreds of other things.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Do you believe you can take it out and open it in time?

That’s the plan

It lives on the back seat, always.

In the luggage compartment it is useless unless a person (capable of lifting it i.e. not a small child) is sitting in the back.

Based in England one doesn’t have an option if one wants to fly somewhere different.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aviathor wrote:

I could possibly be up for it – again, but would be more interested in Alderney.

I did go to Alderney as planned this weekend, and it was lovely! I even managed to add a landing on Rwy 21 to my logbook on Sunday!

Despite the glorious weather, we (and the dogs) had the beach to ourselves. What more could you ask?

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message