Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland to Nurnberg VFR

Nice to hear. Next time I will forget them on the bottom of my flightkit and let’s see what happen.

Last Edited by Tigerflyer at 13 Feb 21:48
EDWF, Germany

www.eddh.de mentions 24,40 € landing fee for up to 1200 kgs and that requires the infamous noise certificate AND it dates from 2004 … likely to be even more expensive today. If I were flying a low-profile plane like yours (no offense! actually mine is even lower!) I would avoid this big airport and favour a smaller one, Herzogenaurach for one example. I have not been there, but I seem to remember some www rumour of the management being rather unpleasant but having recently been replaced.

Last Edited by at 13 Feb 21:52
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

likely to be even more expensive today

Instead of relying on rumours (or even making them up), why not check the facts? Like all bigger airports, Nürnberg has its charges published in the AIP GEN 4.1, page 107 and following. In my opinion their fees are still very moderate for an airport of this size and service level. The only exception is the lack of any form of noise certificate, which will additionally set you back by roughly 50€ (propeller, below 2t).

Last Edited by tomjnx at 14 Feb 03:14
LSZK, Switzerland

That link does not work for me… if it does for you, you could be so kind as to publish the exact figures.

As to “for an airport of this size and level of service”: yes, moderate that may be to some. My comment was rather that “an airport of that size and service level” is likely to be overkill for a plane like T/S flies, and perhaps also for a pilot like said T/S.

Thank you, though, for confirming my misgivings about the noise certificate.

Last Edited by at 14 Feb 09:14
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I get the same: “not authorised”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

That link does not work for me…

You may need a (free) login for autorouter; alternatively, you can also get it from EAD, which needs a free login as well.

This is the AIP. Germany is required to publish it (for example on EAD). It has nothing to do with the ($$$) VFR Manual.

I don’t see the huge issue about the noise cert. N-reg you can make it yourself (eg. with data out of the EASA TCDSN, which does have data for the MX-7-180 (Hartzell HC-C2YR-1BF/(F)7666A, no silencer): chapter 6: 74.9dB (limit 75.1dB), chapter 10: 83.6dB (limit 85dB)), for EASA reg you should get one when registering anyway.

Last Edited by tomjnx at 14 Feb 10:49
LSZK, Switzerland

BTW if you absolutely cannot be bothered with a login, the airport posts its charges document on its website.

LSZK, Switzerland

Easier to change the given URL so as to use the back door to the autorouter… I’ve been able to download the document now. Still, while the AIP is the one and only source of information, and even if Germany is not in Southern Europe, how complete and up-to-date is that information?

Regarding the noise certificate: I certainly wasn’t issued one when OO-registering my ultralight… which happened in 2011, before the days of EASA, perhaps, in this respect. And yes I know many German fields will consider ultralights as inherently complying with noise regulations, still it feels like an incertitude. Should I really absolutely wish to fly there I could (and would!) inquire with the airport operator, but I see only advantages to using a more modest field – for the modest kind of flying discussed here.

Last Edited by at 14 Feb 09:57
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

how complete and up-to-date is that information?

It is, if you compare it to the airports own charges document.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks to all for your replies, which I will digest and probably come back with more questions, but today is CAVOK for once, and my Maule is itching to go and play with the Cubs at Lennox Plunton…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message