Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: VFR tour around California

JnsV wrote:

I anticipated that the internal GPS may not be 100% accurate, just would not have expected an indication of a few meters of accuracy when in fact it was miles away laterally.

IIRC, there doesn’t seem to be an indication of the position accuracy in Foreflight, as it is the case with other similar apps. I think often the color of the aircraft symbol changes if the position accuracy is too low, or it can be stated as a number. Maybe @NCYankee knows more about this.

Thanks all for the additional compliments.

Rwy20 wrote:

IIRC, there doesn’t seem to be an indication of the position accuracy in Foreflight, as it is the case with other similar apps.

There actually is one, if you turn on the “dashboard” it is displayed in the lower right corner, in the same line with the GPS altitude.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Wow JnsV, that must have been a fantastic trip! What a beautiful landscape to fly over. This kind of trips are the one I am really interested in.

Well done and I hope reading a lot more trip reports of similar trips in the future!

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Fantastic trip and even better write-up. Thanks for sharing your experience, photos and enjoyment of the trip.
You certainly maximised the return on your PPL training investment. I’d agree that basic PPL training doesn’t fully prepare you for “going places” but forums (esp EuroGA) help a lot with the required additional knowledge.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message