Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little "fly & ski" trip to Bolzano, March 2016

Thanks for the writeup Bosco! Will try to do a ski trip next season…

Regarding the reg. I really like it and had a laugh when I looked it up

Ah, ok, all clear. Nochmal Danke schön!

Graag gedaan!

Hope I got that right

Last Edited by blueline at 06 Apr 19:12
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Really good report and pictures. It really shows how capable an aircraft can be. Nice to see you enjoying it with your father.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Ah, ok, all clear. Nochmal Danke schön!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

ACG = Austrocontrol, the Austrian CAA.

Thank you, @blueline, for thinking along. Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by ACG?
Remaining OCAS has not been a hardship to me as yet in German airspace, but I have neither entered their heartland nor crossed the Weißwurstequator yet ;)
But all of the Pfalz region has been a delight to cruise, and Langen Information – NOT Langen Info! – very professional and useful to communicate with.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@Jan_Olieslagers: It may be possible to get an exemption from ACG, but you’d need it from Germany too – except if you manage to stay completely out of airspaces that require transponders which I imagone to be a major PITA.

Thanks A_A – even if it is not really good news, you confirmed that a route like EDNY-LIPV will never be a short hop, as claimed by some, not for me at least. Oh well.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

If I may humbly rephrase my question: is there any hope of flying the Brenner Pass VFR, with only a mode C transponder? In other words, can it be done OCAS? I don’t think so, after what was written here, but one never knows.

According to the SkyDemon chart, it does not seem to be possible OCAS.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I must confess to a level of mental denseness, or as Bosco says stupidity.

I wouldn’t want to imply the chosing of an out of series, short registration (recall N reg does not allow use of letters I or O, an there has to be at least one numeral after the N) implies any sympathies or affiliations. In the UK there is an industry for personalised number plates, so perhaps we read too much into why someone would choose such a number plate or registration – hence my half glass full question, whether the registration had been inherited on purchase, or had it actually been chosen?

We live in a free world so to each their own.

I am not clear about causing harm quickly? Was the question likely to cause harm? Is harm likely to happen to the questioner?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message