Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hi there!

Looking for any advises about MEAUX ESBLY airfield? PPR? Fees? AVGAS?
AIP tells me almost everything, but may be anyone can share personal experience?

EVCA

French VAC here

LFPT, LFPN

Once you’ve seen what the place (Meaux) looks like, you might not want to go anymore…

Anyway, here’s a look at the airfield:

98% of public airfields in France don’t have any of that PPR nonsense.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Great airfield. I was very well welcome by the guy in tower. Everybody is very GA spirit of course. About tax ? The guy said that Paris airports manage it, and add : you may have one but may be not. I hadn’t. NO FEES NO PPR, a total automat pump.
Flying speaking. Take care about A class. It means you must fly very low and fly around some cities between minimum overflying altitude and A class.
I m sure if you contact aeroclub somebody will be able to bring you to suburbs train if need.
I m currently traveling but I think I keep a name card of the person in charge of tower if any interest (depending when you schedule your trip)
I know there is a flight exhibition in May in Meaux.
Feel free to ask more. I’ll reply if I know

PPG

PPG
LFNV

According to navigeo.org/LFPE there is 100LL available, and several options for payment (the CB must stand for “chèque bancaire”, I suppose, perhaps not very relevant to you). But that’s non-official info.

@Bosco: the city looks dreary indeed, but what suburb doesn’t? Actually, there’s quite a bit of green between the building blocks, there are worse places in the world. And at least the airfield is well apart and in the open, unlike some in the USA.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

CB means “Carte Bleue” so credit card.
I suppose in that case you must say to tower which payment methods you have.

PPG
LFNV

PPG wrote:

CB means “Carte Bleue” so credit card.

In terms of credit cards, if CB is accepted you can assume that means Visa and MasterCard.

LFPT, LFPN

[[ nitpicking ]]

Thanks to the locals, but I am afraid I am not convinced. The statement in navigeo already explicitly mentions Visa – and yes, wherever Visa works, there MasterCard works equally, yes – what would be the use of still adding “CB” then? Would it mean Debet Cards are also ok? I always understood the chèque bancaire is still quite common in France.

PS why the “eurocard” is mentioned separately is even more mysterious.

Infos avitaillement : 100 LL Comptant, CB, VISA, EUROCARD 01 60 04 24 40

Last Edited by at 19 Apr 20:12
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thank you, fellows :) The actual target for the trip is French Disneyland, so the downtown does not bother!

EVCA

I kind of expected this to be the reason. But I believe that Lognes is closer and probably has better transport links.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Apr 20:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message