Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris, 23-24 July 2016

Parking is pretty expensive – it’s €24 per day for majority of us. That’s in the range of the most expensive parkings I’ve ever paid. So total bill will be more than €80 – I know it’s comparable with airports where one has to pay mandatory handling but still it’s too much especially when compared to Carcassonne. And that’s for quite remote airport with additional expenses to reach train (9 km to station means taxi which is probably €20 each direction) and train ticket to Paris (around €15 return). Maybe we could negotiate parking price.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir,
It’s Paris and a very large controlled airport, bigger than Toussus LFPN or Pontoise LFPT, not to say Le Bourget LFPB.
How much do landing and parking fees cost in, say, Biggin Hill, adding any other expense they might impose, such as mandatory handling ?
BTW handling is available in LFPM but not mandatory.
There is no Eiffel Tower or Champs Elysées in Carcassonne , and, for shopping, it will be right in the Summer Sales season.

Last Edited by Nestor at 13 Jun 07:49
LFLY, France

Hail everyone !
I’m bouncing on David and Peter’s emailing of yesterday night regarding landing in Melun-Villaroche LFPM for the July 22-24 fly-in in Paris.
If you CONSIDER attending, please send me your flight & crew details NLT 1200Z today by private message.
No harm if, in the end, you don’t come.
The list is needed to support our application for a special Schengen Border Crossing Point in LFPM on July 22 for EuroGA.
Organizing such a special/exceptional border crossing point will be a premiere.

Last Edited by Nestor at 13 Jun 07:56
LFLY, France

Dear all,
Due to the many complaints and remarks I received, I talked with the persons in charge, and time has been extended until Tuesday evening, June 14th, 2016, for sending me your flight information and crew biodata.
However, I need a scanned copy of the travel document (Passport or National Identification Card if applicable), for you and your passengers.
As EuroGA mailer application doesn’t support attachements, please send me an email and I’ll reply with my personal email address so that you can send me the scanned copies.
This will allow you (hopefully) to be granted a special permission for landing in Melun LFPM on July 22nd, 2016 flying directly from non-Schengen airfield.

Thanks.

Last Edited by Nestor at 13 Jun 09:42
LFLY, France

1 month to go on this

We probably know of extra-Schengen arrivals, but how many are coming from within Schengen?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We tried to facilitate border control in Paris-Melun Villaroche (LFPM) for our “non-Schengen” comrades flying directly from UK and Croatia to put them on an equal footing with everyone else.
Now it’s time to recall that July 22nd-24th is a great period to visit Paris and discuss aviation between us in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
We hope to see many European pilots flying in from France (the host nation ) but even more from other countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, BCI, Hungary, Holland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, and many other great places…
In particular for VFR pilots, don’t be shy: LFPM is a very easy airport, lying slightly further outside the Paris no-fly zone compared with Toussus/LFPN and Lognes/LFPL, and it’s the best time of the year to fly here as far as meteorological conditions are concerned.

Last Edited by Nestor at 22 Jun 09:17
LFLY, France

En ce qui concerne nos collègues Français ou vivant en France, nous comptons sur vous pour venir nombreux à Paris (LFPM) pendant le week-end du 23-24 juillet !!!!

LFLY, France

We have 11 aircraft now

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Still not sure yet because of my work

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Parisians will travel by foot, but please also inform @Peter for facilitating organization of get-together events.

Pilots from all over France should be many !
Please also PM us your intention to participate :-)

LFLY, France
Sign in to add your message