Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lesce Bled LJBL

Hi,
I would like to fly in next week to Bled. Have anyone experience with this ? Landing fees, parking, AVGAS.
thank
david

dkk
dkk
LKLT

I’m often there because my mechanic is located at LJBL and I’ve never paid any landing fee. Avgas is available but I’ll check if it’s only for aircraft based there.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Official landing fee is 10€ and Avgas is available for visiting aircraft as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@dkk How did your trip to Bled (LJBL) work out?

I tried to get in contact with them in English via email ([email protected]) but to no avail.

@Emir do you use a different address? Will I have to speak Slovenian?

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I was going to do a write up of my experiences there.

I was there 2 weeks ago and can tell you it is one of the nicest small airports in Europe. The place is immaculately maintained. The fees are very reasonable. I was quoted 20 Euro landing and 20 for parking. But actually was charged 10 for each. I gassed up with 100LL and it was 2.10 Euro/Lt. I parked on the Tarmac but the grass would have been ok because the ground was hard with no divots where I would have parked. One of the guys at the airport gave us a ride to the Panzio and refused to take any compensation.

I filed IFR out and that is tricky because you are not cleared for IFR till above 7000’ AND VECTORED TO THE MOUNTAIN. I would coordinate with ATC before I took off just to make sure. My plane was light and we had 1500’ to clear the range when we got there.

They responded by email when I sent it to [email protected] and also called them and got someone at 38645320100 He also runs sightseeing so you have to try and call at different times to catch him.

Hope this helps

KHTO, LHTL

Thanks C210_Flyer! We tried that email address, but didn’t get any answer. Finally we tried Facebook which worked! Unfortunately there is no hangar space at Lesce-Bled nor is there a fence around the field. We want to stay for a week and don’t want to leave our plane there for that long. We’re off to Portoroz tomorrow.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I dont think you have anything to worry about. I left mine outside no problems. But its your decision.

KHTO, LHTL

@terbank
I paid 10 EUR per 2 night and it is very nice and heartfelt place. We slept in Bled and next day we went to Triglav. Before arrival I tried contact airport but nobody answered me. I called there and answer, yes, no PPR, no problem with parking on grass. Just small trouble I had with departure, I filled IFR plan by RocketRoute and ATC on Ljubljana radar pushed me to north and avoid TMA, still in VMC but close to mountain.

dkk
dkk
LKLT

Thats what I had mentioned in my report. I wonder how they would do it if the area was IMC and at what altitude could you climb to before IMC and be able to pick up IFR clearance?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Thats what I had mentioned in my report. I wonder how they would do it if the area was IMC and at what altitude could you climb to before IMC and be able to pick up IFR clearance?

LJBL is just few miles from LJLJ – if the conditions are such that you can’t see surrounding mountains and LJLJ airfield when you take off from LJBL then you can’t legally fly on Z plan. Otherwise, you ask Ljubljana information to switch you to Ljubljana approach and you can ask for vectors and IFR clearance. But again if you really need vectors due to IMC that means you’re not visual in the part of the flight where you’re supposed to be.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message