Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Naxos (LGNX) Aug 7-13 or Paros (LGPA) Aug 13-20 2016

@atmilatos
many thanks for the information! Do you have an email address for Naxos as well (emails bouncing back from there because of an overloaded inbox)?

Tököl LHTL

Naxos airport has Skyserv handling, with these details.

The airprort’s email is
[email protected]
and the telephone number is
+30 22850 – 24816
(got the info from here)
I tried calling them but the airport is closed now.

If the email bounces try the handler and ask them to contact the airport for you. Naxos does not have a PPR.

Last Edited by atmilatos at 30 Jul 10:58
LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

since everything is PPR in Greece

I don’t think so.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Paros has confirmed landing/parking/departure times. Thanks for the advice, gents! No response from Naxos yet.

Tököl LHTL

Greek airports rarely communicate in writing. But – unlike some others – the Greeks don’t expect people to spend money there and speak the domestic language So just phone them up, and start with “may I speak English?”. Or better still contact the handler – his livelihood is directly related to traffic, unlike the airport admin which is a job creation scheme in most of the known universe.

On this trip we did three little Greek islands – Leros Kalymnos and Ikaria. All were fine on the phone.

Administrator

@WhiskeyPapa
I’ll send you the contact data for parking in Megara via PM.

Here is the video of the first GA landing at the brand new LGPA Paros last week. The aircraft is a Maule and the wind is gusting from the north at 20+ kt.

I’ll upload my videos and pics when I get back, too.

Nice! I’ll be arriving Naxos Aug 7 and Paros Aug 13 (with side trips to Santorini and maybe Ikaria).

Tököl LHTL

Hello,

I flew to Paros for a two-day excursion 1-3/8. It was a trip from LGMT to LGPA via Chios and west Ikaria. Paros was very nice and traditional, having 2 main towns which offer different things, Parikia for more quiet days, and Naousa for crowded, noisy, “younger people oriented” things.

Anyway, here are some photos of the approach and departure to Paros.

This is Naxos island from the north. We are approaching Paros from NE, so we passed just north of Naxos. Keep in mind that Mykonos LGMK TMA is just north of this area and they are very very busy. My advice is to avoid Mykonos TMA completely and tell this to Athens FIC so that they can coordinate with Mykonos. Note that if you are flying at 3500FT at the area this photo is taken then Paros INFO cannot hear you, but Athens FIC can.

This is Naxos LGNX airport seen from the north, some minutes after the previous picture.

And this is the new Paros airport. I’m entering left downwind of runway 35 there, flying between Paros and Antiparos (a small island just west of Paros).

Paros LGPA left downwind runway 35.

Paros apron will have some light aircraft (no tie downs yet) and maybe an OAL DH8D flight. Very friendly staff everywhere.

And this is Naxos LGNX on the way back. There were two small GA a/c there.

Another view of Naxos and its town. Paros is in the background (west).

And this is a fairly long video (8 min) of the approach and landing at the new Paros LGPA airport (downwind entry is at 2:40). I had to orbit 2 minutes NE of the airport to give way to a departing OAL.

Wind was something around 360/20 and the light gusts start on base. I used windtty site for the forecasts. GFS data were a little on the low side, but the localized NEMS4KM data were better. The Meteoblue wind data were the most accurate. Winds aloft forecast changed slightly during the last day. Keep in mind that during this time of year there is strong Meltemi wind blowing all over Cyclades islands (and nearly all of the Aegean), so beware of moderate chops on the mountain downwinds (Naxos has a tall mountain).

Thanks for posting those pics, Atmilatos.

They must already have Customs/Immigration. Now they just need avgas

Administrator
Sign in to add your message