Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LAA Rally Sywell 1/2/3 Sept 2016 (merged)

http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/bookings.php

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/2016/Rally/LAA%2070th%20Poster%20Large.jpg

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/2016/Rally/AIC.pdf

Slot times are local time. This slot system is not a strict or rigid system but is aimed at creating a safe and steady flow of traffic and providing AFIS with aircraft details thereby acting as a booking in system. Pilots are requested to try and adhere to their slots.

All flights arriving directly from outside the UK Mainland must submit a General Aviation Report either by email or fax (+44 1604 499210) to Sywell Tower 4 hours in advance for EU flights or 12 hours for flights arriving from outside the EU. This is to meet Customs and Immigration requirements.

Southend, United Kingdom

must submit a General Aviation Report either by email or fax (+44 1604 499210) to Sywell Tower

Oh well..

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Indeed; this is illegal since the aerodrome is not registered under the Data Protection Act for handling passport details etc.

But it is far from the first time… one airfield even refused a landing permission because they did not have the GAR (~ 2 years ago).

A GAR goes to the Govt, not to the aerodrome.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In fact, I’ve gotten used to it as well and don’t bother too much. Last week, Bliss at Bournemouth also asked me for a copy of the GAR, after me saying that I would take care of it myself…

My impression is that: on a HQ level, BF indeed does not want the airports to have anything to do with the GARs (see the official GAR instructions). However, on a local level, BF does seem to urge airports to request GARs from all crews and to foreward it to them manually. Hence, the airports are between a rock and a hard place. They don’t want to ruin their relationship with the local BF, so they do as they wish. I hope I got that right.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Jul 10:21
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, could well be.

Lots of potential for identity theft though.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

one airfield even refused a landing permission because they did not have the GAR

A few years ago I was intending to make a trip to Caernafon (which I never ended up making). They told me I had to send them the information for the GAR and they would file it – and charge me £10 for filing it! No other airfield has ever done that (for flights to/from the Isle of Man).

Hopefully online GAR filing has nipped this kind of crap in the bud.

Andreas IOM

Hopefully those heading for the LAA Rally at Sywell this weekend read the AIC .

Listen to the ATIS 122.700 MHz and only call when on finals. Times i have heard aircraft call up giving all their details ATC not interested and question if you have read the arrivals information in the AIC.

Should be busy with 1000 aircraft spread over the 3 days as long as the weather stays good.

Southend, United Kingdom

ATC not interested and question if you have read the arrivals information in the AIC.

Does Sywell have ATC for this?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Does Sywell have ATC for this?

I believe they still only have AFIS.

Andreas IOM
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message