Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Just bumping this in case anyone wants to meet up at Obertauern.

Looking at windy.com it looks like we might get lucky with the wx

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well the wx according to my phone looks good for Monday and all of next week. Temps around 11 during the day and around 0 to +2 at night. If they are correct than no preheat should be necessary before departure. On less royal pain in the ass eliminated. I wonder how the airport authorities would feel if they could not plug in their vehicles over night?.

There is one day Weds when they are calling for rain in Salzburg. Lets see how accurate they are when the time comes.

Otherwise Obertauern looks to have great skiing weather +3 to +2 during the day and -8 to -5 at night. No precip.

KHTO, LHTL

One of fellow member mention the Hangar 7 (Red Bull apron/museum).
Send them a message they seams to accept visiting plane they might have a plug and understand GA…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I guess this thread has drifted a bit but I might as well give a good suggestion on “Fly to ski” in Sweden.

ESUT, Hemavan/Tärnaby Airport, has some really nice slopes(mostly for beginners) very close to the airport. You could more or less carry it from the airport to the slope where you can buy your skipass.

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

ESUT, Hemavan/Tärnaby Airport, has some really nice slopes(mostly for beginners) very close to the airport. You could more or less carry it from the airport to the slope where you can buy your skipass.

800 m walk from the apron to the ski lift.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Romain wrote:

One of fellow member mention the Hangar 7 (Red Bull apron/museum).
Send them a message they seams to accept visiting plane they might have a plug and understand GA…

Thanks! I was actually wondering if that would be possible. Especially when they were in BP they used the hangar I am in to store stuff etc. I really didnt care just so long as it helped out aviation.

What is it called, Hangar 7?

KHTO, LHTL

Flying Bulls
Red Bull
Hangar 7
Salzburg LOWS

always learning
LO__, Austria

Administrator

Perfect WX today ;)
Enjoy the skiing!
This time didn’t work out for me (just got back from a trip) but one day I’ll join you!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks

After a murky start at the UK end (a bit of TKS got used on that) it was good wx all the way to LOWS.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message