Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I guess they are just trying to discourage people (rather of the jet and turboprop type) who are just very loosely considering a flight to that place, from making tons of parking reservations (do these people really do that?) and thus losing their parking capacity for no revenue in the end.

Anyway, handling charges of 100€, plus the risk of losing these if cancelling would make this place unattractive for me. Well, I am not interested in France for skiing anyway (expensive and not my kind of people there). If I considered a ski/fly trip, I would likely do EDNY or EDJA (for Austria) or possibly LOIJ, LOWZ or LOGO

or otherwise LIPB for Italy, and they all don‘t have such attitudes.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Jan 19:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The airport on winter weekends (Especially saturdays, as most of the ski industry sells packages from Sat-Sat) is uber busy with ski charters. Mon-Fri it’s a different place

Does this mean that, as with Annecy, parking over a weekend is OK and what you have to avoid is a movement on a weekend?

Bolzano LIPB is indeed ok and along with Trento is the one for the Dolomites (Madonna, Corvara, etc). But no buses except at weekends and based on my enquiries the buses run only from Trento (the Verona “Fly Ski Shuttle” etc ones stop at Trento) and with Bolzano you have only a €200+ (each way) taxi option. Trento is no good for the UK.

St. Johann LOIJ and Zell am See LOWZ are strictly for advanced skiers, AFAICT. Zell in particular – narrow, steep and winding runs with lots of people standing around on the bends. Like a lot of Obertauern, which a few of us did Feb 2019 (Salzburg airport).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, certainly any Ski Charter/LOCO Hub you either want to avoid arriving or departing on weekends. Very especially Saturdays. Just look at the departure / arrivals schedule for Dec – Mar for ski resort feeder airports and you can see why.

Does anyone know the charges etc at Chambery LFLB?

Administrator

On Skydemon, someone reported something like 1000 Euros in winter. But looking at their fees and charges doc, this only applies to Saturdays.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jan 12:02

Hmmm it is extremely unlikely the reporter actually paid it, so he may be reporting a rumour. I will email them and report here

Do you have a link to their charges doc? If it applies only to a Saturday movement that is ok.

Administrator

It’s true. Doc here local copy

On other days, it might be ok, although parking charges are still doubled. I would be cautious.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jan 12:09

According to here local copy

• landing tax 5 EUR + VAT, plus 5% at peak periods (whole day Saturday, Sunday morning to 13:00LT as well as all hours and days between 14 December 2019 to 5 April 2020), for below 2 t.
  • lighting tax included in landing tax
  • 0.36 EUR/t/hour plus VAT, plus 100% in winter (14/12/2019 to 05/04/2020). First hour free.
  • no passenger tax and no PRM fee for non-commercial up to 3 t MTOW.
  • VIP terminal 24 EUR + VAT (Schengen), 34 EUR + VAT (non-Schengen).
  • 0.26 EUR/hl (0.0026  EUR/l) fuel fee; included in the fuel price paid to the fueller.

Edit after reading messages that crossed mine: that’s without handling, which is mandatory above 3 t and for all aircraft on Saturdays (and 2 January) in winter, with a minimum handling fee of 1000 EUR on Saturdays (and 2 January).

Last Edited by lionel at 27 Jan 12:14
ELLX

Maybe LFLE is the hidden gem you are looking for. Uncontrolled but close to Chambery train station. You would need a french speaker.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message