Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Chateauroux - Deols (LFLX)

Can anyone offer a pilot report on this destination and the nearby town for a weekend trip? We are looking for some more places to visit in France, not too far south due to the winter approaching and having to depart on a Saturday and fly back on a Sunday. It is reported to have customs and from their web site planes under 2 tonnes do not pay any landing fees.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Didn’t go there myself yet but lots of friends did it and like it. As you said no landing fee for aircraft below 2t

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Always worth consulting:

Navigeo

With a bit of searching you can find the offical a/d info there: tab " < cartes > " then find the “Telecharger la carte VAC”

Last Edited by at 29 Nov 15:35
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I frequently stop there. Always thought the huge runway, quasi absence of traffic and no landing fees below 2 tons are ideal for training.
They also have a friendly team. The only weird thing is the customs procedure – you need to advise them on friday of movements during the week end.
Since the introduction of increased safety measures, customs will actually (and every time) send a crew of up to 7 (seven) armed officers all the way from Bourges to wait for you and check your passport. One day I was delayed by a head wind and got a call in flight… They must know my passport number by heart by now, but they still check me the same way and then drive back to Bourges in 2 cars.
I did not think the town of Chateauroux was worth a visit (so we have not visited).
Alternative: the beautiful little town of Bourges and its cathedral which we quite liked.
Bourges also have an airport with customs and AVGAS but their opening/fuel service times are kind of weird.
Avoid Tours (LFOT) – rip-off landing fees that seem to be very variable depending upon local QNH.

Last Edited by Flyingfish at 12 Dec 00:18
LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message