Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Visiting Strasbourg (using Entzheim LFST airport) - a little "how-to guide"

It’s pretty good. When I was there (LFST) in September 2015 (and then again in December 2015) I asked TWR for AVGAS. They told me it would be there within 10 minutes, and it was.

The one thing I am a little uncertain about is this NOTAM that I recently noticed:
LFST AERODROME LIMITED – suppress A4975/16
From 2016-11-04 16:34 until 2017-02-02 23:59
HANDLING REQUEST COMPULSORY EXC FOR HOME BASED ACFT:
TEL: +33(0)888 64 73 93
+33(0)634 56 45 76
POLICE TEL: +33(0)03 89 96 18 80

I wonder what that means in terms of charges. They do not specify how long notice they need. I’d better give them a call…

Last Edited by Aviathor at 13 Dec 12:56
LFPT, LFPN

@all: fyi, I haven’t received the invoice yet, but will post here once I do.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks bosco, that’s very useful.

boscomantico wrote:

Thus, I don’t know what will happen if one does not give this PN. Most probably nothing, but personally, when there is such requirement, and it’s just a matter of writing a few lines via e-mail, then I do it because then nobody can reproach me after landing. I also indicated my address in that email, for the landing fees invoice (not possible to pay on the spot at LFST). As I said, in practice, there is not really any mandatory handling there for small GA.

Actually this is what I had done on previous occasions also, except that I had gotten hold of the e-mail of a lady at the airport… Sent aircraft details, expected date/time of arrival and departure, contact details and billing address. Worked as a charm.

LFPT, LFPN

To wrap it up: I have now, about 5 weeks after the flight, received the invoice (via snail mail).

The amount is indeed 38,71€. That is a forfait, and is applied to all sub 2-ton aircraft, irrespective of number of pax and including the first night of parking. Very OK for a nice day trip or a short weekend trip. Slightly expensive for a fuel-stop of course. For the latter, Colmar is still noticeably cheaper.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I was in LFST in Mar16 from Switzerland, it worked exaclty like in Boscos case. No physical contact with any staff.
Sure its also quite easy to refuel you can get in out out very easy and there is a restroom in the smal GA building.

Posting a PIREP from a recent flight to LFST at the end of August:

Airport continues to accept self-handling with the warning/reminder that that would essentially mean no service or physical contact with any staff as described in this thread. A PPR e-mail via [email protected] was required, which also led to a parking stand on the apron being preallocated in response.

Everything went smoothly, including the ground controller sending me exactly to the preallocated parking stand, except that we had to wait for 30 minutes for the AVGAS fuel bowser as the same driver was refuelling a TBM with the Jet A-1 fuel bowser. The driver had to complete the refuelling, then drive the fuel bowser back and come back, which seemed to take an eternity, especially whilst waiting in the full sun at reported 33C temperatures. Payment was by credit card which worked without any problems.

I called for refuelling via the published handling phone number about 15 minutes before arriving at the General Aviation Terminal with the request for refuelling in 15 minutes, which was passed on with the note that there would be a delay because of the TBM.

For those using an Uber, the pick-up address is “Terminal Aviation Generale Et Aviation D’affaire” (spelt without any accents in the Uber app).

Total cost for a DA40 (and any other non-commercial aircraft up to 2t MTOW):

EUR 33.70 landing fee (inclusive of parking for that calendar day)
EUR 6.33 parking per additional day

+20% VAT

as transparently listed in the price guide on their website (https://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/EN/Professional-area/Business-aviation-and-recreational-aviation/Price-guide.html).

No additional charges for the instrument approach and departure into LFST.

Invoice was by post and arrived after two weeks.

@boscomantico, thanks for your great guide about how to navigate the airport which I found very useful to read through before the flight.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 07 Sep 10:39
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message